Re: [snowkiteidaho] Hi, new guy here

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010

      Welcome to group.

      Feel free to call as I don't have time to type:-)

      On Nov 6, 2010, at 1:02 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      Hi All,
      New guy here. My name is Jason and I live in Eagle. I'm looking to make a few friends, increase my knowledge/experience, and try snow kiting this winter.

      I took ~8 hours worth of lessons in June in Florida. I was able to get up on my third lesson. The first lesson was trainer, setup and gear. Second was more gear/setup and body drags. Third was upwind drags, boarding and self rescue.

      I bought a 14.5 Ion and did some drags at Lowell a couple of times this summer. Also was able to do a small amount of boarding.

      I'm going back to Florida over Thanksgiving for some more water lessons. After that I want to try snow kiting this winter.

      Couple of questions:
      What size kite do most of you use for the beginner level for snow kiting? I assume I'll want something smaller than my 14.5, maybe in the 8-9m range.

      Do any of you get together at all? I'd like to hook up and meet a few other locals.