RE: [BSA] Re: Who's game??? Tony...what's your schedule today...& phone #?

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 13, 2010
      Excellent post... thanks for sharing the stoke.  Glad you guys got some action.  Looks good this morning at LP, but 42F is too cold.

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 13, 2010
        whoa the wind is up to 24.  I think i have to go out. the siriens are calling.  it can't be that cold the sun is out right???  onward to the wind.  we must, we must, mustin we!?         somebody come out to play.

        James ( Jim ) Tighe
        Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
        Tighe Gymnastics Sales
        5420 W State St.
        Boise, ID 83703
        208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
        208-859-1397 Cell (best )
        emai; jim@...
        website; gemstategymnastics.com

        To: idakiteman@...; sbakerdvm@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...
        From: jasonbrickner@...
        Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

          From: jasonbrickner@...
          Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

> [...]

          Jon, did you get the goods?  I had called in sick to work, admittedly coughing a bit, but capable of kiting.  It would have been poor form to have gone to CJ and left my partners in the lurch.  But I did get my deck done!

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

          > Last Call....
          >
          > 12:15am departure from Veterans & State Ably's then
          > 12:45am meetup at Alby's Federal & Gowen.
          >
          > Bring 9m kites & 5.0 sails !
          >
          > So far, me, Tony Williams, Jim Shultz, room for more...
          >
          > Jon 853-6212
          >

          > On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:
          >

          > > I'm in.  Available all day.
          > >
          > > On Oct 11, 2010 10:46 AM, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Who else is game?  Difference between MH AFB average & gusts is relatively
          > > narrow...not likely so gusty.  GrandView speed coming up.

        • Andrew Goldman

            From: jasonbrickner@...
            Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 13, 2010
              Brrrrrr!  Larry (paddle boarder) was there already and just coming in as I drove down, down down the ramp. (way low water).  He said "should'da been here earlier,  could hardly paddle up the canyon, waves clear across the bowl".  Well it was comig down but so was the temp. still.  It was ok but cold.  what am I becoming a sissy?  larry was all smiles from paddle boarding (full wet suit w/gloves).  I slunk home without getting wet.  ON the good side I did get to hear quite a bit of my book on CD.  I know its peer pressure that I need to push on out, its all your faults for not coming out with me to entice me.  shame on all of you.
              Are we getting a warm spell tomorrow?

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: stevelinane@...
              Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:10:35 -0600

              From: jasonbrickner@...
              Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                Sounds like everyone is done at Lucky Peak for the season so I'm going to turn off the Internet service to the weather station.

                It was a great summer.  See you guys on the snow or next spring for the windsurfers that don't come out and try snowkiting.

                Chris Lee I need to get key so I can go take down the instruments.

                Eddy Petranek

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: stevelinane@...
                Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:10:35 -0600

                From: jasonbrickner@...
                Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

                  From: stevelinane@...
                  Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:10:35 -0600

                  From: jasonbrickner@...
                  Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                    I think I will head up.  Wanna go?

                    From: stevelinane@...
                    Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:10:35 -0600

                    From: jasonbrickner@...
                    Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:27:12 -0600

> [...]

                    Jon, did you get the goods?  I had called in sick to work, admittedly coughing a bit, but capable of kiting.  It would have been poor form to have gone to CJ and left my partners in the lurch.  But I did get my deck done!

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

                    > Last Call....
                    >
                    > 12:15am departure from Veterans & State Ably's then
                    > 12:45am meetup at Alby's Federal & Gowen.
                    >
                    > Bring 9m kites & 5.0 sails !
                    >
                    > So far, me, Tony Williams, Jim Shultz, room for more...
                    >
                    > Jon 853-6212
                    >

                    > On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > I'm in.  Available all day.
                    > >
                    > > On Oct 11, 2010 10:46 AM, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Who else is game?  Difference between MH AFB average & gusts is relatively
                    > > narrow...not likely so gusty.  GrandView speed coming up.

                  • Jason
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 15, 2010
                      But EdD, when am I going to get to use my Steamer 6/5 if you turn off the sensor....can't go back to guessing if its working up there. One more week is all we ask.

                      Or we could just go back to kiting frontal storms, like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sdoQ9d-w4Y

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 16, 2010
                        Nice video...J did you see someone is using your kitesite.net idea... I hate copy cats

                        Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                        208-863-6966

                      • Greg Danley
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 16, 2010
                          Say it isn't so, what a great late summer\early fall season. Not ready to hang it up either. Thank you for keeping the wx station going this summer. Lately because the water is so low the #'s don't really reflect what's happening on the water anyways so a body really has to go up and check it out anyways. Back to the old school ways old school dayz! See you out there!

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:13:16 -0600