Re: [BSA] Jolly until I found that shallow beach...

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2010
      Thanks for pix Tom.  LP an inspiring setting.  We are lucky....

      Another big mojo day far upwind huckin' the huge stuff...until the clouds came in.  Last two days up there have been funnest sessions I've ever had at LP.

      Pix show how localized the good winds were up at that pocket where we kiter's & Jim T. hung out.  That point is SPECIAL...the north cliffs turn from black to white at a knife-edge boundary, great wind concentrates there but nowhere else, riders magically ascend to next level...spiritual energy concentrates there for sure!

      Let's make a name for that point celebrating its aura !  Contribute your suggestions.  Here's a couple starters:
      Ying-Yang point (where the black and white cliffs meet)
      Vortex point (where spiritual energy concentrates)
      Beam-me-up point....

      On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
      and broke my fin.  6.0 was the right call, got me through the hula
      zone both ways, inbound with my fin rotated 90 degrees and hanging
      on by the aft pin.  (My #2 fin was on my other board at home...
      and my #3 fin's pretty small, but I would have tried it, IF I
      HAD THAT SCREW I NEEDED IN MY BAG. :-(

      Four windsurfers if you count my half dozen reaches, one dapper
      fellow who hasn't been out in a while on his big board and Gaastra.

      Half a dozen? kiters, including somebody with a sporty Toyota
      who parked so close to me it made me wonder if he was asking for
      a door ding. Fortunately, my car has other doors I could still use
      (and I resisted the temptation).

      Took some pix on my way out as the clouds set in and the wind
      pattern got sketchy.  The one of Betsy on the ramp as she headed
      out is nice, too -- love that happy grin.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/90518906@N00/sets/72157625086473090/

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
        How about Launch Pad LP? Keeps the 'trekkie' theme going up there.

        Too bad I missed Sunday. Sounds like another good one. Family obligations.

        I'm thinking like Jim T and Steve-O... We still have another month of kiting
        left. Looking forward to next weekend.

        -JBrick

        You described a great name... how about White Cliffs?

        Tom

        On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for pix Tom.  LP an inspiring setting.  We are lucky....
        > Another big mojo day far upwind huckin' the huge stuff...until the
        > clouds came in.  Last two days up there have been funnest sessions
        > I've ever had at LP.
        > Pix show how localized the good winds were up at that pocket where we
        > kiter's & Jim T. hung out.  That point is SPECIAL...the north cliffs
        > turn from black to white at a knife-edge boundary, great wind
        > concentrates there but nowhere else, riders magically ascend to next
        > level...spiritual energy concentrates there for sure!
        > Let's make a name for that point celebrating its aura !  Contribute
        > your suggestions.  Here's a couple starters:
        > Ying-Yang point (where the black and white cliffs meet) Vortex point
        > (where spiritual energy concentrates) Beam-me-up point....
        > On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> and broke my fin.  6.0 was the right call, got me through the hula
        >> zone both ways, inbound with my fin rotated 90 degrees and hanging on
        >> by the aft pin.  (My #2 fin was on my other board at home...
        >> and my #3 fin's pretty small, but I would have tried it, IF I HAD
        >> THAT SCREW I NEEDED IN MY BAG. :-(
        >>
        >> Four windsurfers if you count my half dozen reaches, one dapper
        >> fellow who hasn't been out in a while on his big board and Gaastra.
        >>
        >> Half a dozen? kiters, including somebody with a sporty Toyota who
        >> parked so close to me it made me wonder if he was asking for a door
        >> ding. Fortunately, my car has other doors I could still use (and I
        >> resisted the temptation).
        >>
        >> Took some pix on my way out as the clouds set in and the wind pattern
        >> got sketchy.  The one of Betsy on the ramp as she headed out is nice,
        >> too -- love that happy grin.
        >>
        >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/90518906@N00/sets/72157625086473090/

        > --

        Thomas Cavaiani, PhD
        Lecturer
        Department of Information Technology and Supply Chain Management
        College of Business and Economics
        Boise State University
        Boise, Idaho 83725
        208 426-2482