LP

  • JAMES NANCY TIGHE
    Message 1 of 199 , Oct 2, 2010
      Wow, it turned out to be a great morning and almost afternoon for the kiting holdouts.  I counted 12 kites at one time but it could have been more.  Lets see there were also... TWO windsurfers.  the main wind was up the channel a ways more then usual.  Eddy was in great form as he jumped my sail, the point at the beach  and then I saw him jump J's boat.  almost all the kiters were boosting some big air.  Evn my wife Nancy came out and hiked to the kiters beach with our dog Sophie.  Betsy stayed out almost as long as the kiters and even planed in to the dock at Turners.  I talked to a couple of fishermen and they couldn't stop talking about the kites jumping and speed of the windsurfers.  One boater guy had his door blown shut and locked him out of the Truck.  he didn't want to call his wife for help.
      maybe it will happen again tomorrow.  Hope to see all of u then.

      James ( Jim ) Tighe
      Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
      Tighe Gymnastics Sales
      5420 W State St.
      Boise, ID 83703
      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
      208-859-1397 Cell (best )
      emai; jim@...
      website; gemstategymnastics.com

    • Jim Tighe
      Message 199 of 199 , Jun 18

        Two days in a row of great Morning winds.  6:45 to 8:30  3 windsurfers4 or 5 kiters.  Normal sails ( 5.6 – 6.2) and same with kites (10 – 14)  Chris, Paul and I headed up to beef butte and had a blast.  Then dropped back down to the pole area then the over look.  Kiters Dan, Tony, Will, Steve L and Jon stayed at the overlook the whole time.  Seemed steadier than yesterday with about the same punch.  Not sure how Chris can sail so long, he is the iron man.  Eddy showed up as the sailors departed and joined The last kiters, Jon and will.The whole lake was filled with very few lulls.

        I am off to Portland for the weekend.  Greg and Jack are at 3 mile and Roosevelt.  Steve was thinking of goig????  I will try to sneak out of my Seminars and head to the event site on Saturday and Sunday.  If I don’t see ya’ll Happy Fathers day everyone.

        Jim

        James R. Tighe

        Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

        5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

        Gym; 208-853-3220

        Cell; 208-859-1397

        email: jim@...