Re: [BSA] big numbres

  • Rusty Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      Yesterday was definitely my most unsuccessful morning out. I launched from turner and just as I got my kite off the water my chicken loop came off my hook and dragged me downwind without my board or my consent. As I tried to body drag upwind my kite kept falling out of the sky from lack of wind and I ended up on the rocks below barclay. Mark was nice enough to see my distress and gave me a taxi back up to turner.

      Today, on the other hand I finally broke down and hiked. Much easier landing for sure. The wind was excellent today but it was a bit strange... Jon and I were the last ones out and as it got later and later the further upwind we had to go to stay in the wind. It just kept retreating up the canyon until I finally got tired of going upwind. What a morning... That's the most fun I've had up there in a while! And Steve B, I'm liking that nik name!
      Hope to see everyone out there tomorrow!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 30, 2010, at 12:49 PM, STEVE BAKER <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:

      Chris Lee definitely put some quarters in the wind machine for us.  Just Jim Tighe out representing the boardheads on his BSU-colored sail;
      Jon Bolt, Maui Dan, and Rusty "big air" Hill, and Mark from Garden Valley via Aneho'omalu Bay, HI joined me in a fun day.
      Nice and strong but kind of punchy; when you were up, sometimes you got a little extra elevator ride, usually resulting (in my case) in skipping across the water on your back like a flat stone thrown by a giant.
      Overall a good day, but I definitely limped away from this session.  Like the air, but I gotta work on those landings!
      Steve, it's never a good day to be responsible!

      From: stevelinane@...
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...
      Subject: [BSA] big numbres
      Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:54:01 -0600

      Chris Lee did something magical to that meter because it been putting out the best numbers I have ever seen since he fixed it . I picked today to be responsible , bad choice . I know Jon went up tell us all that missed it how good it was and don't leave out any embellishments