RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] 15 Sept LP report

  • Dr. Binegar
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 16, 2010

      I’m seeing everyone launch their kite off that beach and at times having trouble.  I’ve been without difficulty the last 4-5 times doing the following:  Hook into my harness and walk towards my kite putting my lines in the water or near the water making sure no tangles and not getting caught on rocks or twigs.  Grab the kite in the center and walk towards  water and towards the points where the wind is.  I look under my kite as I’m walking to make sure it’s looping nicely without again catching anything.  Once all the lines are in the water, I walk in the water towards the point and pick up my board that I had left on the edge of the beach near the point.  Once I’m well in the wind(and I’m n the water now) I give the kite a spinning push away pulling on the left line.  This is a modified Eddy technique when we go up wind in his boat and launch from that beach.  In that scenario we are undoing our lines with kite bridle lines wrapped around our neck.  Then give the kite a push away, but Eddy is there to check our lines.  With my technique above( I actually saw Eddy do this)  my lines are laid out first so I can check them and then go for it.  The point is I’m in the wind and it’s basically like launching out in the middle.

      William G Binegar, MD

      Pain Medicine-Board Certified

      Anesthesiology-Board Certified

      Medical Director

      Pain Care Boise

      301 W. Myrtle

      Boise, ID   83702

      Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

      www.paincareboise.com