RE: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday/Friday

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 2, 2010
      I saw that roll through SE Boise at the same time.  Light SE now.

      Don't you wish you could hover in the sky about 3000ft up and drop smoke bombs to see how the wind works around here?

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 2, 2010

        Sorry, about your foot!  I hope your decision to launch wasn’t affected by my post…

        Best regards,

        Chris Lee.

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 2, 2010
            I notice it too , so I rushed home at 12;00 because I was thinking LL never thought to check LP . but at 12;02 at LP it was ese 24.2 G 24.2 if you were Johnny on the spot you could of got some really good ridging for a hour . witch brings me to Jon Bolt , he saw the strong SE and turned around and went back to LP but was there just about 30 mints to early , it hadn't really turned on yet so he left . Any way  it was 20 G 31 at 11;52 here in Boise but LL was only 3 . so I went back to work , got home at 4;00 and LL had been going for 1 1/2 but just quit , another job for Johnny on the spot

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 2, 2010
              5:55pm....pressure getting unusually high.  Recent readings over 30.2 @ Boise A/P and MH.  Don't wanna jinx it, but SE flow, very high pressure, and warm temps...tomorrow could be best yet !!

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 3, 2010
                Good to see everyone out on the Friday before the long weekend.  Hope you had fun Jon, I did.

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 3, 2010
                  Check USAIRMET for Sunday at Mountain Home...

                  Hope it holds true

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 3, 2010
                    Don't tell all the suckers that think the Gorge is the only place that Blows. Although, I guess if you want demon winds and 50+ that's where you gotta go???

                    I'll plan on a two-fer this weekend. Although when the USAIRMET says winds above 25....typically, I need a smaller kite.

                    But regardless I'll be there. good times this morning.

                    EdD

                    You guys that go to the Gorge, have fun I'm just pulling your chain, since I can't go. But I am glad I don't have to do the 6 hr drive.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 5, 2010
                      Any one left in town?

                      Planning on heading to CJS this afternoon. My goal is to hit the later session as the wind will probably be stronger but smoother. Less gusty after 4. I'd like to meet at Albys at 2:30. Right now it is Billy, Steve Baker, Jake, myself and ??? Let us know if you want to carpool as I'll only bring my truck if it is 3 or more riding in it.

                      Eddy Petranek

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 5, 2010
                        I'm in... but may drive myself.