Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

RE: Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!

Expand Messages
  • Gear Daddy, LLC
    Sounds like everyone is Happy with the sign moving. I will talk to Joyce about working on it this weekend. So if all is OK I will start on it after my Saturday
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Sounds like everyone is Happy with the sign moving. I will talk to Joyce
      about working on it this weekend. So if all is OK I will start on it after
      my Saturday morning session.

      Thanks,
      Eddy

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Gear Daddy, LLC [mailto:geardaddy@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:18 AM
      To: BoiseSailors@...; joyce.m-dunning@...;
      snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!


      Wind Junkies,

      I went to COE at Lucky Peak this morning to see if anyone had turned in a
      missing kite bag and pump (Sweet,,,IT was turned in!)

      Anyway I got a chance to meet with Joyce and talked to her about some
      concerns the kite group is having.

      First off Serpentina is a pretty stout beast having 2000 lbs of concrete
      under each body part. Will not be moving her this year. Possible future
      move???

      Secondly the sign that is in the ground next to dock. It is an immediate
      danger to mainly the kiters walking on the upwind side of it to get on dock,
      while a kite is in the air. I asked Joyce if it was possible to have it
      moved to opposite side of dock so that way the kiters can stay on the
      downwind side. It will stay next to dock just on opposite side.

      I'm asking now if anyone has an issue with it being moved? Joyce is trying
      very hard to please everyone she asked me to post a request to move it.
      Please send me an email for the record on your thoughts of moving the sign.
      I do not believe this will cause any problems with windsurfers but if I'm
      missing something please bring it up now. If anything it will make access to
      dock easier for both groups because now there will be nothing to run into on
      the downwind side of dock.

      I personally volunteered to dig the sign out of its old location and
      relocate it to the other side of dock. Any help would be appreciated. COE
      will provide Concrete. Hopefully everyone will be ok with moving the sign
      and I can do it in the next couple weeks.

      If you have any problems with sign relocation and want to remain annomoumus
      please contact Joyce directly joyce.m-dunning@...

      Pray for wind,

      Eddy Petranek
      208-863-6966
      Please feel free to contact me if you need more details on my request.
    • Ryan Wait
      is anyone going up on sunday morning? if so can anyone give me a ride, my motor in my car just died. ryan From: Gear Daddy, LLC
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
      • 0 Attachment

        is anyone going up on sunday morning? if so can anyone give me a ride, my motor in my car just died.

        ryan


        From: "Gear Daddy, LLC" <geardaddy@...>
        Reply-To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        To: <BoiseSailors@...>,<joyce.m-dunning@...>,<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!
        Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:17:39 -0600

        Wind Junkies,

        I went to COE at Lucky Peak this morning to see if anyone had turned in a
        missing kite bag and pump (Sweet,,,IT was turned in!)

        Anyway I got a chance to meet with Joyce and talked to her about some
        concerns the kite group is having.

        First off Serpentina is a pretty stout beast having 2000 lbs of concrete
        under each body part. Will not be moving her this year. Possible future
        move???

        Secondly the sign that is in the ground next to dock. It is an immediate
        danger to mainly the kiters walking on the upwind side of it to get on dock,
        while a kite is in the air. I asked Joyce if it was possible to have it
        moved to opposite side of dock so that way the kiters can stay on the
        downwind side. It will stay next to dock just on opposite side.

        I'm asking now if anyone has an issue with it being moved? Joyce is trying
        very hard to please everyone she asked me to post a request to move it.
        Please send me an email for the record on your thoughts of moving the sign.
        I do not believe this will cause any problems with windsurfers but if I'm
        missing something please bring it up now. If anything it will make access to
        dock easier for both groups because now there will be nothing to run into on
        the downwind side of dock.

        I personally volunteered to dig the sign out of its old location and
        relocate it to the other side of dock. Any help would be appreciated. COE
        will provide Concrete. Hopefully everyone will be ok with moving the sign
        and I can do it in the next couple weeks.

        If you have any problems with sign relocation and want to remain annomoumus
        please contact Joyce directly joyce.m-dunning@ usace.army. mil

        Pray for wind,

        Eddy Petranek
        208-863-6966
        Please feel free to contact me if you need more details on my request.


      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.