harness fix

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2006
      hey my dog went chewed my harnessed any one have one they are willing
      to sell cheape like 25 30 bucks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2006
        Headed up to LP Wed Morn. J is bringing boat 7 am at Barclay

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006

          Strange….

          I just received your email at 8:25PM this evening WED.  Wish I would have known earlier.

          -Jason

          Headed up to LP Wed Morn. J is bringing boat 7 am at Barclay

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
             heading up in morn Thurs if wind si working call by 6:30am

            Eddy

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006
              good session this morn trying again tomorrow and Sat

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006

                I agree with Eddy… this morning was between good and excellent.  It sure didn’t seem to be going off as I drove up the canyon.  Pretty still water above diversion damn.  The trees were moving a bit up by the dam, but not much.  However, as I turned onto the dam, I saw three windsurfer nicely powered on med sized stuff.  I was really expecting it to be a bust based on the numbers, but hey… as the who said, “I won’t get fooled again”.  Eddy was rigged and ready to go at the “Tina” launch, I hiked upwind to the Turner Bay .  I watched Eddy do like Eddy as I rounded the bend on my way to the bay.  Just as I was heading out onto the water, the windsurfers and Eddy were heading in.  I was pleasantly surprised when I exited the bay and hit the slipstream of wind.  I was the only one on the water for about 30-45 minutres until I saw Tom Caviani heading out of the bay upwind of Turner.  We had fun playing up the canyon for about an hour. Tom has mastered the Directional board Jibe with his Kite.  I also saw him making some jumps.  I was also jumping today… but landing on my butt as much as the board.  Fun indeed.  Then the wind gods decided I had to get to work.

                I’m thinking the thermal thing was rocking today, however, the ‘slight’ Westery in Boise , Caldwell , Mountain Home presses the main thermal flow up the resoviour.  The wind was great right at the mouth of the canyon, but you could see it not making it all the way to “Tina”.  Am I on to something?

                I’m hoping the slightly stronger westerly flow tomorrow doesn’t ‘press’ too hard against the Thermal Flow or it may shut it down.  I’m sure you old timers are laughing at me trying to figure out the wind.  You guys have been doing this for how long now?

                I would love to get together with Tom Van Alten and come up with a weighted weather model for Lucky Peak that took into account the following parameters:

                1.Thermal Flow Potential based on Temp difference in the mountains and valley.

                2. Westerly flow at high and mid altitudes.

                3. Related to (2), Easterly flow through the Snake river plain based on Pressure gradients in our CWA

                4. Pressure gradients between the valley floor and some nearby mountain location.

                We could take these parameters, put em in a formula with each one weighted differently, and put a score of 0 -100 on how good the potential is.

                Or we could put in a wireless wind station for several thousand dollars.

                Rambling now… Hope it works tomorrow.