Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Gorge trip [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2010

      4 days of 9m big swells bigger air and many Boise people add to that list of Scott and this son Ben ,JBrick , Mike and Jeanine Stone , Jack and Penny , J. and Kathy and  the biggest crowd I have every seen at Rufus we estimate well over 100 cars and maybe 200 people . ( Jake were you there ? ) we were told there was a guy from Boise that got a little help from one of the Waverunners but we never saw who it was ,lost in the crowd . Mike the toe nails are the best part of that picture ..
      From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@ msn.com>
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Gorge trip
      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 9, 2010, 10:24 AM

      Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

      Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2010
        Just as long as we are clear..I am on the water and Janine was the one working the camera 8^)

        4 days of 9m big swells bigger air and many Boise people add to that list of Scott and this son Ben ,JBrick , Mike and Jeanine Stone , Jack and Penny , J. and Kathy and  the biggest crowd I have every seen at Rufus we estimate well over 100 cars and maybe 200 people . ( Jake were you there ? ) we were told there was a guy from Boise that got a little help from one of the Waverunners but we never saw who it was ,lost in the crowd . Mike the toe nails are the best part of that picture ..
        Great big fun roughinitinrufus.   JBrickman, I grabbed a piece of that tailwind for good gas mileage on the way back east.  Big kites at Roosvlt....you guys got the goods!

        Enjoy!

        Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

        Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

        -JBrick

        Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

        Waiting in traffic in the rain for sure 'cause any kiter than can 'more than enough water time in Boise' is either not addicted to kiting or works too much.

        In Tony's case, I think we're safe on both accounts:})

        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@ ...> wrote:

        > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
        >
        > :-)
        >
        > _____

      • Jake Dobson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2010
          It wasn't me, I am staying down in Lyle, Washington.  Yesterday afternoon was a little too much for me, but today is looking good.
          Jake