RE: [BSA] Re: Start of a good weekend?

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
      Jason B. asks:
      > Anyone have experience with
      > NE wind instead of SE? Does the North/South component make much
      > difference to us at LP in the morning?

      NE at Boise or Mtn Home would be a contra-indicator, but it can
      occasionally show up even though morning wind happens. Not sure
      why you're wondering about that direction, though. NE at Caldwell
      w/SE elsewhere, I'd discount.

      Lucky Peak RAWS (up the lake, at the nursery) will show NW, but
      the strength is what matters -- you want double digits.

      Look at the meteogram to see what happens in the typical morning
      wind pattern:
      http://weather.unisys.com/mos/meteogram/mos_met_BOI.html
      It flips to SE in the night or around dawn, flips back NW late in
      the morning. (Note the time scale is UTC/GMT, 6 hrs ahead of
      MST.)
      _____________
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
      tva@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
        I concur... It was one of those magical mornings. Kited from 7:45 - 9:30.
        Well powered the entire time. I found the area up the canyon a ways to be
        solid and filled in. I guess I got my question about NE wind answered. And
        what a great way to have it answered.

        Looking forward to several more days of 'magical' morning wind.

        -Jason

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006

          Sorry Tom,  I should have been a little clearer.  I was curious about the Boise NWS forecast of NE morning winds instead of the usual SE we see.

          -Jason

          Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org
          tva@fortboise. org