Re: Gorge trip

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7, 2010
      I'm in the gorge now, having a great time at bridge of the gods event. Just posted VIDS from yesterday at http://kitesites.com/wp/2010/08/07/bridge-of-the-gods-today-in-stevenson/

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > _____

    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2010
        Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
          Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

          Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

          -JBrick

          href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of tony williams

          To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip

          Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 8:52:16 AM
          > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge
          trip

          > I second and third
          that!

          Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:36 PM
          > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups.
          com
          > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip
          >

          > I'd never trade Boise for Seattle!!!

          We ride here more than most places can. I love it:-)

          Eddy

          > On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:59 PM, "Steve Linane"
          <stevelinane@ clearwire. net <mailto:stevelinane@ ...> > wrote:

          > Eric
          > Rufus is a little over four hours . We have frontal driven
          gusty wind in the spring and fall . In the summer we have a phenomenon called morning wind at lake about 20 min. from town . the down side is we get up at 5:30 to be there between 6:00 and 6:30 and it usually shots off by 9:00 that's am . But where we got the goods is snowkiteing a littler over a hour away some of best in the world . But with all that if I were you I wouldn't trade places .
          > Steve

        • mike stone
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
          • 1 Attachment
          • 2.3 MB
          Great big fun roughinitinrufus.   JBrickman, I grabbed a piece of that tailwind for good gas mileage on the way back east.  Big kites at Roosvlt....you guys got the goods!

          Enjoy!

          Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

          Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

          -JBrick

          Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

          Waiting in traffic in the rain for sure 'cause any kiter than can 'more than enough water time in Boise' is either not addicted to kiting or works too much.

          In Tony's case, I think we're safe on both accounts:})

          --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@ ...> wrote:

          > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
          >
          > :-)
          >
          > _____

        • Kay Walston
          Message 5 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010

            Janice stone is there???  I met her in hatteras!! Great woman!
            Sent from my iPhone

            4 days of 9m big swells bigger air and many Boise people add to that list of Scott and this son Ben ,JBrick , Mike and Jeanine Stone , Jack and Penny , J. and Kathy and  the biggest crowd I have every seen at Rufus we estimate well over 100 cars and maybe 200 people . ( Jake were you there ? ) we were told there was a guy from Boise that got a little help from one of the Waverunners but we never saw who it was ,lost in the crowd . Mike the toe nails are the best part of that picture ..

            Message 6 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
              Steve. Did u bring the waverunner back?