RE: [BSA] Start of a good weekend?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
      I was thinking the same thing. Anyone have experience with NE wind instead
      of SE? Does the North/South component make much difference to us at LP in
      the morning?

      See everyone bright and early...

      -Jason Brickner

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
        Jason B. asks:
        > Anyone have experience with
        > NE wind instead of SE? Does the North/South component make much
        > difference to us at LP in the morning?

        NE at Boise or Mtn Home would be a contra-indicator, but it can
        occasionally show up even though morning wind happens. Not sure
        why you're wondering about that direction, though. NE at Caldwell
        w/SE elsewhere, I'd discount.

        Lucky Peak RAWS (up the lake, at the nursery) will show NW, but
        the strength is what matters -- you want double digits.

        Look at the meteogram to see what happens in the typical morning
        wind pattern:
        http://weather.unisys.com/mos/meteogram/mos_met_BOI.html
        It flips to SE in the night or around dawn, flips back NW late in
        the morning. (Note the time scale is UTC/GMT, 6 hrs ahead of
        MST.)
        _____________
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
        tva@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
          I concur... It was one of those magical mornings. Kited from 7:45 - 9:30.
          Well powered the entire time. I found the area up the canyon a ways to be
          solid and filled in. I guess I got my question about NE wind answered. And
          what a great way to have it answered.

          Looking forward to several more days of 'magical' morning wind.

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006

            Sorry Tom,  I should have been a little clearer.  I was curious about the Boise NWS forecast of NE morning winds instead of the usual SE we see.

            -Jason

            Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org
            tva@fortboise. org