Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010

      Eric
      Rufus is a little over four hours . We have frontal driven gusty wind in the spring and fall . In the summer we have a phenomenon called morning wind at lake about 20 min. from town . the down side is we get up at 5:30 to be there between 6:00 and 6:30 and it usually shots off by 9:00 that's am . But where we got the goods is snowkiteing a littler over a hour away some of best in the world . But with all that if I were you I wouldn't trade places .
      Steve
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
        I'd never trade Boise for Seattle!!!

        We ride here more than most places can. I love it:-)

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
          Yes, I've been meaning to get over there for some snowkiting.  Not much snowkiting from Seattle, and that is something that I really would like to do more.

          Thanks for the responses, that helps.  I probably won't be heading to Boise as it turns out, but if an opportunity ever comes up I won't rule it out.  Snowkiting...mmm...I like it.  How long is the snowkiting season?

          Eric

          Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:59 PM

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010

            I second and third that!

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010
              Leaving for Seattle tonight but definately not to kite.  Not even bringing my gear. Too much other stuff to do there plus I can get more then enough time on the water here in Boise.

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010

                "too much other stuff to do..."  - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?

                :-)

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010
                  JBrick,

                  Waiting in traffic in the rain for sure 'cause any kiter than can 'more than enough water time in Boise' is either not addicted to kiting or works too much.

                  In Tony's case, I think we're safe on both accounts:})

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                  > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
                  >
                  > :-)
                  >
                  > _____

                • jclivejordan
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 7, 2010
                    I'm in the gorge now, having a great time at bridge of the gods event. Just posted VIDS from yesterday at http://kitesites.com/wp/2010/08/07/bridge-of-the-gods-today-in-stevenson/

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 8, 2010
                      Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
                        Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

                        Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

                        -JBrick

                        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of tony williams

                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                        Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 8:52:16 AM
                        > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge
                        trip

                        > I second and third
                        that!

                        Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:36 PM
                        > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups.
                        com
                        > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip
                        >

                        > I'd never trade Boise for Seattle!!!

                        We ride here more than most places can. I love it:-)

                        Eddy

                        > On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:59 PM, "Steve Linane"
                        <stevelinane@ clearwire. net <mailto:stevelinane@ ...> > wrote:

                        > Eric
                        > Rufus is a little over four hours . We have frontal driven
                        gusty wind in the spring and fall . In the summer we have a phenomenon called morning wind at lake about 20 min. from town . the down side is we get up at 5:30 to be there between 6:00 and 6:30 and it usually shots off by 9:00 that's am . But where we got the goods is snowkiteing a littler over a hour away some of best in the world . But with all that if I were you I wouldn't trade places .
                        > Steve

                      • mike stone
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
                        • 1 Attachment
                        • 2.3 MB
                        Great big fun roughinitinrufus.   JBrickman, I grabbed a piece of that tailwind for good gas mileage on the way back east.  Big kites at Roosvlt....you guys got the goods!

                        Enjoy!

                        Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

                        Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

                        -JBrick

                        Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

                        Waiting in traffic in the rain for sure 'cause any kiter than can 'more than enough water time in Boise' is either not addicted to kiting or works too much.

                        In Tony's case, I think we're safe on both accounts:})

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@ ...> wrote:

                        > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
                        >
                        > :-)
                        >
                        > _____

                      • Kay Walston
                        Message 12 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010

                          Janice stone is there???  I met her in hatteras!! Great woman!
                          Sent from my iPhone

                          4 days of 9m big swells bigger air and many Boise people add to that list of Scott and this son Ben ,JBrick , Mike and Jeanine Stone , Jack and Penny , J. and Kathy and  the biggest crowd I have every seen at Rufus we estimate well over 100 cars and maybe 200 people . ( Jake were you there ? ) we were told there was a guy from Boise that got a little help from one of the Waverunners but we never saw who it was ,lost in the crowd . Mike the toe nails are the best part of that picture ..

                          Message 13 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
                            Steve. Did u bring the waverunner back?