Re: very lite

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      talking about desperate man my hands twitch when the wind comes up
      then i get really stir crazy i swear kiteing has to be considered a drug

      > Indeed, I concur. We need cool clear nights for sleeping. Oh yea
      and for that katawawhozit stuff too. It hasn't been particularly
      desert-like this summer.

      > The next couple nights look more favorable with low temps about 60
      in town, and mid to lower 40s in the mountains around 6000ft.

      > I think S/SE winds are counter productive up there too for that
      catobadshit. Tonight/Fri are NW. Light winds Fri night/Sat. Also
      good news me thinks.

      > I look forward to your reports.
      >
      > Ol' Man Winter.

      Florida. How disappointing. I am regretting staying up till
      midnight repairing one of the bladders in my kite. I thought today
      was looking great.

      > I also 'took the bait' and drove to Indian Creek. and Blacks
      Creek. Can you say desperate. Oh well, maybe this weekend. I would
      love another repeat of July 4th. That was great.

      > I was also thinking. Has anyone ever looked at temperature
      differential between the valley floor and some of the surrounding
      mountains/hills. I may be wrong, but to create the thermal/katabatic
      wind at Lucky Peak, don't we need cold air in the mountains relative
      to the valley. Isn't it this cold air that flows down the canyons and
      over the dam out into the valley? (Maybe Mr. Winter (Darrel) could
      comment on this). So is it reasonable to assume that if we have a hot
      day and then cloud cover at night, that the mountains can't cool as
      much leaving less of a thermal gradient?

      > Do we need to please Serpen'Tina' by making a sacrificial offering
      to her? Will that help our wind situation?