Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip

  • Kay Walston
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
      I'll go! :). Kidding....

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 5, 2010, at 3:33 PM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

      Im head to  Rufus tomorrow plan on staying there . have room for one . Heading back Sunday or Monday .

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
        I've been considering a move to Boise and kiting is my concern...

        I live in Seattle now, and I must say we are spoiled with the coast, Bellingham, and the gorge all about 3 hours away.  And year round kiting ain't bad either.

        So how is the kiting from Boise?  How far is Rufus?

        Eric

        Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 3:16 PM
        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip

        I'll go! :). Kidding....

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
          I am heading to Pasco on Saturday or Sunday.  Will meet you at Rufus.  Sounds like it's gonna be windy.  My smallest kite is 9m Fuel.  What is the forecast for Rufus?

          Im head to  Rufus tomorrow plan on staying there . have room for one . Heading back Sunday or Monday .

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010

            Eric
            Rufus is a little over four hours . We have frontal driven gusty wind in the spring and fall . In the summer we have a phenomenon called morning wind at lake about 20 min. from town . the down side is we get up at 5:30 to be there between 6:00 and 6:30 and it usually shots off by 9:00 that's am . But where we got the goods is snowkiteing a littler over a hour away some of best in the world . But with all that if I were you I wouldn't trade places .
            Steve

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
              I'd never trade Boise for Seattle!!!

              We ride here more than most places can. I love it:-)

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 5, 2010
                Yes, I've been meaning to get over there for some snowkiting.  Not much snowkiting from Seattle, and that is something that I really would like to do more.

                Thanks for the responses, that helps.  I probably won't be heading to Boise as it turns out, but if an opportunity ever comes up I won't rule it out.  Snowkiting...mmm...I like it.  How long is the snowkiting season?

                Eric

                Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:59 PM

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010

                  I second and third that!

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010
                    Leaving for Seattle tonight but definately not to kite.  Not even bringing my gear. Too much other stuff to do there plus I can get more then enough time on the water here in Boise.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010

                      "too much other stuff to do..."  - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?

                      :-)

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 6, 2010
                        JBrick,

                        Waiting in traffic in the rain for sure 'cause any kiter than can 'more than enough water time in Boise' is either not addicted to kiting or works too much.

                        In Tony's case, I think we're safe on both accounts:})

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                        > "too much other stuff to do..." - Like what... wait in traffic?... watch it rain?
                        >
                        > :-)
                        >
                        > _____

                      • jclivejordan
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 7, 2010
                          I'm in the gorge now, having a great time at bridge of the gods event. Just posted VIDS from yesterday at http://kitesites.com/wp/2010/08/07/bridge-of-the-gods-today-in-stevenson/

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 8, 2010
                            Well Seattle was fun.  Out on a boat most Sat watching the Blue Angels perform and then spent the night bar hopping.  Today was spent visiting the relies and doing some touristy stuff with them like the seattle aquarium.  I am sure the kiting in Seattle might have shown up but with the temps in the 60's during the day, it would have been way too cold for a picky kiter like me.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
                              Hit Rufus at 1:30 yesterday.  Mike Stone, Jack H, Steve-O, Scott already back in from their first session.  Setup 11m Fuel and hit the water at 2:00.  Finished at 5:45 with sore ribs and rung bell.

                              Mike... close you ears.  The wind was great.  Perfect 11m.  Most people on 9's and 10's.  Rufus rocks!

                              -JBrick

                              href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of tony williams

                              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                              Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 8:52:16 AM
                              > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge
                              trip

                              > I second and third
                              that!

                              Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:36 PM
                              > To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups.
                              com
                              > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge trip
                              >

                              > I'd never trade Boise for Seattle!!!

                              We ride here more than most places can. I love it:-)

                              Eddy

                              > On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:59 PM, "Steve Linane"
                              <stevelinane@ clearwire. net <mailto:stevelinane@ ...> > wrote:

                              > Eric
                              > Rufus is a little over four hours . We have frontal driven
                              gusty wind in the spring and fall . In the summer we have a phenomenon called morning wind at lake about 20 min. from town . the down side is we get up at 5:30 to be there between 6:00 and 6:30 and it usually shots off by 9:00 that's am . But where we got the goods is snowkiteing a littler over a hour away some of best in the world . But with all that if I were you I wouldn't trade places .
                              > Steve

                            • mike stone
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 9, 2010
                              • 1 Attachment
                              • 2.3 MB
                              Great big fun roughinitinrufus.   JBrickman, I grabbed a piece of that tailwind for good gas mileage on the way back east.  Big kites at Roosvlt....you guys got the goods!

                              Enjoy!

                              Message 15 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010

                                Janice stone is there???  I met her in hatteras!! Great woman!
                                Sent from my iPhone

                                4 days of 9m big swells bigger air and many Boise people add to that list of Scott and this son Ben ,JBrick , Mike and Jeanine Stone , Jack and Penny , J. and Kathy and  the biggest crowd I have every seen at Rufus we estimate well over 100 cars and maybe 200 people . ( Jake were you there ? ) we were told there was a guy from Boise that got a little help from one of the Waverunners but we never saw who it was ,lost in the crowd . Mike the toe nails are the best part of that picture ..

                                Message 16 of 17 , Aug 10, 2010
                                  Steve. Did u bring the waverunner back?