Re: [snowkiteidaho] attendance is way down

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
      Jason
      the reason the kite slide back is its to fare forward in the window . the kite needs to be back so as it starts to launch it can fly forward . ( A word of caution , if the kit is to fare forward when you try to launch it can start to tumble and then be to far back and hot launch ) To give you a scene of what I mean , when launching at LP with help we stand up on the mound and the kite is being held down by the water .  this morning when I self launch I set my kit in the sand in front of the dock and I stand parallel to the beach . that's how much difference there is .
      Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
        Thanks Steve....

        But what do you mean when you say you "stand parallel to the beach".  I know where your kite is (in front of the dock.  To the right of the little section leading to the dock), but where are you standing during self launch?  Are you still up on the mound or somewhere between the mound and where we put our boards?

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
          Between the mound and where we put the boards