attendance is way down

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
      Rusty got the launch I self launched then later saw Mike Stone self launch . Only three kites Mike 9m Rusty 12m and me 13m but 9m was the call . Windsurfing Jim T. Jim  VanD Chris Nicks and Chris Lee . Looked like 6.0 to 7,0 was the call
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
        Slept in (kids readjusted my alarm clock).  Still charges from yesterday, 4 days at Manzo, and one at Stevenson.

        Out of curiosity... I practiced self launching at Manzo several times.  Not much difficulty, but kite seemed to slide quite a bit before launch.  How much do your kites move along the ground during the whole process?  There is not much room for sliding at LP.  Especially compared to Manzo.  Gosh I love that beach!  And the waves, and the swell, and the wind, and the ramps, etc, etc, etc.

        Tomorrow?

        -JBrick

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
          Jason
          the reason the kite slide back is its to fare forward in the window . the kite needs to be back so as it starts to launch it can fly forward . ( A word of caution , if the kit is to fare forward when you try to launch it can start to tumble and then be to far back and hot launch ) To give you a scene of what I mean , when launching at LP with help we stand up on the mound and the kite is being held down by the water .  this morning when I self launch I set my kit in the sand in front of the dock and I stand parallel to the beach . that's how much difference there is .
          Steve

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
            Thanks Steve....

            But what do you mean when you say you "stand parallel to the beach".  I know where your kite is (in front of the dock.  To the right of the little section leading to the dock), but where are you standing during self launch?  Are you still up on the mound or somewhere between the mound and where we put our boards?

            -JBrick

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
              Between the mound and where we put the boards