RE: [snowkiteidaho] Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!

  • Andrew Goldman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 2:09 PM
      Rufus....just got back. Put my kite on a fence and
      had a spot of lunch. Yes, this Rufus place is the
      shit.

      --- Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      yes i like jasons launch style as well. however, i
      just came back from hood river, that was madness,
      hundreds of windsurfers and kiters, plus there is
      nowhere to launch. rufus is the shit!!! my favorite
      place so far.

      ---------------------------------
      From: "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...>
      To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      CC: "'Boise Sailors Association'"
      <BoiseSailors@...>
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Relocation of sign at
      dock to upwind side!!!
      Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:00:28 -0600

      Sounds good Eddy,

      However, the launch area is still too dicey. I choose
      to hike upwind to the bay north of turner gulch. I
      rig on the sandy beach and drift launch from there. I
      got a good two hours in yesterday. It’s easy for me
      to bring my kite down in front of the new beach (with
      serpen’Tina’ welcoming me), wind up my lines, and
      drift in. Gives me a place to dry my kite and pack
      up. From there I hike back to turner gulch to get my
      car. Not ideal, but very safe in my opinion. I just
      leave my pump buried in a plastic bag at the bay.

      Did anyone go out today? Yesterday was great. Some
      of the best wind of the year. And it had staying
      power. I think I counted about 8-10 sailors and
      myself. I was able to get quite a ways upwind in the
      channel before the wind started to slack off. Seemed
      a bit congested at times. I can’t imagine if there
      would have been several kites out there too. Oh well,
      NOT COMPLAINING. Had a great time.

      -Jason

      ---------------------------------

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19 5:13 AM
        Sounds like everyone is Happy with the sign moving. I will talk to Joyce
        about working on it this weekend. So if all is OK I will start on it after
        my Saturday morning session.

        Thanks,
        Eddy

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29 6:20 PM

          is anyone going up on sunday morning? if so can anyone give me a ride, my motor in my car just died.

          ryan

          From: "Gear Daddy, LLC" <geardaddy@...>
          To: <BoiseSailors@...>,<joyce.m-dunning@...>,<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!