RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] RE: This morning is looking

  • Mark Westerdoll
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
    If you call a little sissy board flying through the sky a night mare, what do you call this? Big action today in Eagle, Im glad nobody got hurt!
    Westy

    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
    From: solarcyclops@...
    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:01:22 +0000
    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] RE: This morning is looking

    I think you narrowly avoided what paddlers call the dreaded 'SUP-mare'

    Good work avoiding the lightning Steve, could of been a bummer end to a session.

    Anyone else's house/car/etc about split in half when the massive thunderbolt hit around 11am? Now that was a big 'un!

    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

    > After everyone left I went out on my Antique wind surfer the wind was about 12 I came in put my kite away . then went back out and found it picked up to about 18 , witch is a bit much for a 60 s.f. sail of that vintage .I came back in put the board on top of the car , its about 45 Lb well the wind cought it and flung it haft way a cross the parking lot and busted the tip of the fin ( anyone have a fin for a original windsurfer ? ) ( I notice who I think was Greg up at the cove he started to launch then changed his mind ) Probably a go thing he didn't shortly after that it pick up agin to 25 to 30 and the sun came out . it lasted for about 45 mints I rigged my 5.0 and my 95 L board and went out and cough the last 15 minutes it was wild while it lasted , big swell , it was strait on shore due north . then a big cloud came up from the south and the water glass off . so I took the SUP out witch doubles as my old time windsurfer and paddle with a busted fin , no problem . then it got dark and cooled off and lighting was on the horizon and then it started to rain , so I pack up and was out of there a little after 11:00 .
    > Steve

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
      Wow...great photos...great job on getting it under control....very dangerous!

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
      Realtor - Top Producer
      Boise, ID. 83706
      208-860-5053 - cell
      208-331-6833 - e-fax

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: solarcyclops@ hotmail.com
      Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:01:22 +0000

      I think you narrowly avoided what paddlers call the dreaded 'SUP-mare'

      Good work avoiding the lightning Steve, could of been a bummer end to a session.

      Anyone else's house/car/etc about split in half when the massive thunderbolt hit around 11am? Now that was a big 'un!

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@ ...> wrote:

      > After everyone left I went out on my Antique wind surfer the wind was about 12 I came in put my kite away . then went back out and found it picked up to about 18 , witch is a bit much for a 60 s.f. sail of that vintage .I came back in put the board on top of the car , its about 45 Lb well the wind cought it and flung it haft way a cross the parking lot and busted the tip of the fin ( anyone have a fin for a original windsurfer ? ) ( I notice who I think was Greg up at the cove he started to launch then changed his mind ) Probably a go thing he didn't shortly after that it pick up agin to 25 to 30 and the sun came out . it lasted for about 45 mints I rigged my 5.0 and my 95 L board and went out and cough the last 15 minutes it was wild while it lasted , big swell , it was strait on shore due north . then a big cloud came up from the south and the water glass off . so I took the SUP out witch doubles as my old time windsurfer and paddle with a busted fin , no problem . then it got dark and cooled off and lighting was on the horizon and then it started to rain , so I pack up and was out of there a little after 11:00 .
      > Steve

    • Don Wilkins

        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
        From: solarcyclops@ hotmail.com