RE: very lite

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006

      Yep… I saw it myself with Steve, Brian & Suzie, and Bruce from Florida .  How disappointing.  I am regretting staying up till  midnight repairing one of the bladders in my kite.  I thought today was looking great.

      I also ‘took the bait’ and drove to Indian Creek… and Blacks Creek.  Can you say desperate.  Oh well, maybe this weekend.  I would love another repeat of July 4th.  That was great.

      I was also thinking.  Has anyone ever looked at temperature differential between the valley floor and some of the surrounding mountains/hills.  I may be wrong, but to create the thermal/katabatic wind at Lucky Peak , don’t we need cold air in the mountains relative to the valley.  Isn’t it this cold air that flows down the canyons and over the dam out into the valley? (Maybe Mr. Winter (Darrel) could comment on this).  So is it reasonable to assume that if we have a hot day and then cloud cover at night, that the mountains can’t cool as much leaving less of a thermal gradient?

      Do we need to please Serpen’Tina’ by making a sacrificial offering to her?  Will that help our wind situation?

      -Jason

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
        Indeed, I concur.  We need cool clear nights for sleeping.  Oh yea and for that katawawhozit stuff too.  It hasn't been particularly desert-like this summer.

        The next couple nights look more favorable with low temps about 60 in town, and mid to lower 40s in the mountains around 6000ft.

        I think S/SE winds are counter productive up there too for that catobadshit.  Tonight/Fri are NW.  Light winds Fri night/Sat.  Also good news me thinks.

        I look forward to your reports.

        Ol' Man Winter.

        6.30 am L.P. 17 gust 25 boise airport S.E.12 dP +0.25

        now you  think this would spell nuclear

        also went to I.C. about 7.00am very lite also

      • kiterguuy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
          talking about desperate man my hands twitch when the wind comes up
          then i get really stir crazy i swear kiteing has to be considered a drug