Self launch

  • Dr. Binegar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2010

      Hi All,

      Sorry for late report, but had to catch up with pts.  First thanks to Steve yesterday helping me on the water get my kite from being inverted.  Today was very questionable.  Sat and looked at the wind for over half an hour.  Saw Greg at Brickner beach thinking about coming out.  Finally at 8:10 a gust hit me and I did the Tony self launch and thanks to Dan again for the video.  Launch was a bit sketchy, but did it.  Was out for about 45 minutes, going up wind, but no jumps.  Of course should have gone in when I first felt it let down, but went out one more time so I knew for sure it was dead.  Self-rescued near the rocks.  Thanks to Greg for coming over and checking on me.  Did OK though.  Did use a simple trick Eddy had mentioned to my wife just the other day to help keep the kite off the rocks.  I put the leash on the bridle lines near one of the wing tips instead of in the middle red loop.  I was near the point of having to go to the dam, but with this set up I was able to walk along the rocks with kite inflated without any difficulty.

      See you all tomorrow.

      William G Binegar, MD

      Pain Medicine-Board Certified

      Anesthesiology-Board Certified

      Medical Director

      Pain Care Boise

      301 W. Myrtle

      Boise, ID   83702

      Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

      www.paincareboise.com