Relocation of sign at dock to upwind side!!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      Wind Junkies,

      I went to COE at Lucky Peak this morning to see if anyone had turned in a
      missing kite bag and pump (Sweet,,,IT was turned in!)

      Anyway I got a chance to meet with Joyce and talked to her about some
      concerns the kite group is having.

      First off Serpentina is a pretty stout beast having 2000 lbs of concrete
      under each body part. Will not be moving her this year. Possible future
      move???

      Secondly the sign that is in the ground next to dock. It is an immediate
      danger to mainly the kiters walking on the upwind side of it to get on dock,
      while a kite is in the air. I asked Joyce if it was possible to have it
      moved to opposite side of dock so that way the kiters can stay on the
      downwind side. It will stay next to dock just on opposite side.

      I'm asking now if anyone has an issue with it being moved? Joyce is trying
      very hard to please everyone she asked me to post a request to move it.
      Please send me an email for the record on your thoughts of moving the sign.
      I do not believe this will cause any problems with windsurfers but if I'm
      missing something please bring it up now. If anything it will make access to
      dock easier for both groups because now there will be nothing to run into on
      the downwind side of dock.

      I personally volunteered to dig the sign out of its old location and
      relocate it to the other side of dock. Any help would be appreciated. COE
      will provide Concrete. Hopefully everyone will be ok with moving the sign
      and I can do it in the next couple weeks.

      If you have any problems with sign relocation and want to remain annomoumus
      please contact Joyce directly joyce.m-dunning@...

      Pray for wind,

      Please feel free to contact me if you need more details on my request.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006

        Sounds good Eddy,

        However, the launch area is still too dicey.  I choose to hike upwind to the bay north of turner gulch.  I rig on the sandy beach and drift launch from there.  I got a good two hours in yesterday.  It’s easy for me to bring my kite down in front of the new beach (with serpen’Tina’ welcoming me), wind up my lines, and drift in.  Gives me a place to dry my kite and pack up.  From there I hike back to turner gulch to get my car.  Not ideal, but very safe in my opinion.   I just leave my pump buried in a plastic bag at the bay.

        Did anyone go out today?  Yesterday was great.  Some of the best wind of the year.  And it had staying power.  I think I counted about 8-10 sailors and myself.  I was able to get quite a ways upwind in the channel before the wind started to slack off.  Seemed a bit congested at times.  I can’t imagine if there would have been several kites out there too.  Oh well, NOT COMPLAINING.  Had a great time.

        -Jason

        please contact Joyce directly joyce.m-dunning@ usace.army. mil

        Pray for wind,

        Please feel free to contact me if you need more details on my request.

      • Ryan Wait
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006

          yes i like jasons launch style as well. however, i just came back from hood river, that was madness, hundreds of windsurfers and kiters, plus there is nowhere to launch. rufus is the shit!!! my favorite place so far.

          From: "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...>
          To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          CC: "'Boise Sailors Association'" <BoiseSailors@...>
          Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:00:28 -0600

          Sounds good Eddy,

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
            Rufus....just got back. Put my kite on a fence and
            had a spot of lunch. Yes, this Rufus place is the
            shit.

            ---------------------------------

            From: "Jason Brickner" <jasonbrickner@...>
            To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            CC: "'Boise Sailors Association'"
            <BoiseSailors@...>
            Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Relocation of sign at
            dock to upwind side!!!

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 19, 2006
              Sounds like everyone is Happy with the sign moving. I will talk to Joyce
              about working on it this weekend. So if all is OK I will start on it after
              my Saturday morning session.

              Thanks,
              Eddy

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006

                is anyone going up on sunday morning? if so can anyone give me a ride, my motor in my car just died.

                ryan