RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP closed

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 14, 2010
      Hey Steve,

      He mentioned they were waiting for a break in the weather to use the road sealing product.  They could have repainted stripes, but they needed a couple days of warm weather to seal all the parking areas and roads.  Alex seemed bummed that they had to wait so long.  I would suggest against a nasty email as it may only set us back.  Maybe one of concern from the group president would be more appropriate.  In the end, I don't think there is too much they could have done with the crappy weather.  I know they have delayed the chip sealing process all around Boise for the same reason.

      My two cents worth....
      -JBrick

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 14, 2010
          Looks like they needed warm & dry weather for asphalt laying (http://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/development/dcps/dcp_67/23%20AppE%20Pavement.pdf)  or chip sealing (http://www.ltrc.lsu.edu/tec_07/presentations/NCHRP%20Chip%20Seal%20Best%20Practices.pdf), and we just haven't had many long stretches this cold, wet spring.

          Jason, from what you heard, does it sound like they had any reasonable alternatives for keeping the road open while doing the work?  I could imagine they could work on one big parking area at a time (Barclay or Turner), keeping the other open for boat launches, or at minimum to permit rig turnaround if launching was prohibited.  But that would force the heavy equipment to contend with a lot of traffic going in & out and slow the work.

          I'm willing to send Joyce an email but not sure what constructive improvement to suggest other than TVA's observation that communication could have been better (and even with that, after Tony was first to find the barriers the communication went fast and wide).

          If any of you have ideas of what to suggest to improve the situation, put 'em out here and let's see if we've got something workable to present.

          Jon

          On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
          Hey Steve,

          He mentioned they were waiting for a break in the weather to use the road sealing product.  They could have repainted stripes, but they needed a couple days of warm weather to seal all the parking areas and roads.  Alex seemed bummed that they had to wait so long.  I would suggest against a nasty email as it may only set us back.  Maybe one of concern from the group president would be more appropriate.  In the end, I don't think there is too much they could have done with the crappy weather.  I know they have delayed the chip sealing process all around Boise for the same reason.

          My two cents worth....
          -JBrick

          I bet that is the same Alex that played base in my son's band Wilson's street . and the same guy that gave Tom C. a ticket for getting out at the dam . Did you ask why they planned to do this in prim time . I holding back a nasty email until I find out there reasoning .
          I went with the family up to Sandy Point today to play in the water and sand.  Actually had a good time. Ran into some freinds and their kids and had a few good sand volleyball games.

          As we were leaving, we ran into a couple Army Corp guys.  I asked them what was up with the dam and he said they had closed it off to completley reseal and repaint all the parking areas and lines up to the spillway.  Not across the dam but everywhere else.  He said it was easier just to shut the whole thing off and get it done than fight with towing people that camp overnight.  He said it will reopen on Friday the 18th.  He didn't know what time thought.  The guys name was Alex and he used to play Banjo in one of Steve Bakers bands.

          He was appologetic for telling Chris Lee that only Barclay would be shut off.  He said he didn't know the whole story till later in the day.

          Cheers!

          > From: jim@...
          > To: geardaddyllc@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...
          > Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:21:47 -0600
          > Subject: Re: [BSA] LP closed
          >
          > Damn is totally closed. No access to turners or barkley. Betsy is hiking the hill. She has carried the board sail and forgot her harness. So far three trips up the hill. We cal this the sail/hike workout. If she can. Slog out of the corner here by the overlook she. Will get to saIl.
          >
          > Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
          >

          > Lucky Peak is closed. Resurfacing roadway. No access
          >
          > Eddy Petranek
          >
          > --
          >
          > --

        • Idahokiteboard

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 14, 2010

                Well in the end it workout and the boaters can go to Spring Shores so we are the only ones that it could of effected anyway , and come on have I every used anything but tact , poise and reason ?
                Yes Alex is a Friend and a good guy

                I bet that is the same Alex that played base in my son's band Wilson's street . and the same guy that gave Tom C. a ticket for getting out at the dam . Did you ask why they planned to do this in prim time . I holding back a nasty email until I find out there reasoning .
                I went with the family up to Sandy Point today to play in the water and sand.  Actually had a good time. Ran into some freinds and their kids and had a few good sand volleyball games.

                As we were leaving, we ran into a couple Army Corp guys.  I asked them what was up with the dam and he said they had closed it off to completley reseal and repaint all the parking areas and lines up to the spillway.  Not across the dam but everywhere else.  He said it was easier just to shut the whole thing off and get it done than fight with towing people that camp overnight.  He said it will reopen on Friday the 18th.  He didn't know what time thought.  The guys name was Alex and he used to play Banjo in one of Steve Bakers bands.

                He was appologetic for telling Chris Lee that only Barclay would be shut off.  He said he didn't know the whole story till later in the day.

                Cheers!

                > From: jim@gemstategymnastics.com
                > To: geardaddyllc@gmail.com; snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com; BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                > Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:21:47 -0600
                > Subject: Re: [BSA] LP closed
                >
                > Damn is totally closed. No access to turners or barkley. Betsy is hiking the hill. She has carried the board sail and forgot her harness. So far three trips up the hill. We cal this the sail/hike workout. If she can. Slog out of the corner here by the overlook she. Will get to saIl.
                >
                > Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:
                >

                > Lucky Peak is closed. Resurfacing roadway. No access
                >
                > Eddy Petranek
                >
                > --
                >
                > --

              • Idahokiteboard

                  I bet that is the same Alex that played base in my son's band Wilson's street . and the same guy that gave Tom C. a ticket for getting out at the dam . Did you ask why they planned to do this in prim time . I holding back a nasty email until I find out there reasoning .
                  I went with the family up to Sandy Point today to play in the water and sand.  Actually had a good time. Ran into some freinds and their kids and had a few good sand volleyball games.

                  As we were leaving, we ran into a couple Army Corp guys.  I asked them what was up with the dam and he said they had closed it off to completley reseal and repaint all the parking areas and lines up to the spillway.  Not across the dam but everywhere else.  He said it was easier just to shut the whole thing off and get it done than fight with towing people that camp overnight.  He said it will reopen on Friday the 18th.  He didn't know what time thought.  The guys name was Alex and he used to play Banjo in one of Steve Bakers bands.

                  He was appologetic for telling Chris Lee that only Barclay would be shut off.  He said he didn't know the whole story till later in the day.

                  Cheers!

                  > From: jim@gemstategymnastics.com
                  > To: geardaddyllc@gmail.com; snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com; BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                  > Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:21:47 -0600
                  > Subject: Re: [BSA] LP closed
                  >
                  > Damn is totally closed. No access to turners or barkley. Betsy is hiking the hill. She has carried the board sail and forgot her harness. So far three trips up the hill. We cal this the sail/hike workout. If she can. Slog out of the corner here by the overlook she. Will get to saIl.
                  >
                  > Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:
                  >

                  > Lucky Peak is closed. Resurfacing roadway. No access
                  >
                  > Eddy Petranek
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > --

                • Idahokiteboard

                    I bet that is the same Alex that played base in my son's band Wilson's street . and the same guy that gave Tom C. a ticket for getting out at the dam . Did you ask why they planned to do this in prim time . I holding back a nasty email until I find out there reasoning .
                    I went with the family up to Sandy Point today to play in the water and sand.  Actually had a good time. Ran into some freinds and their kids and had a few good sand volleyball games.

                    As we were leaving, we ran into a couple Army Corp guys.  I asked them what was up with the dam and he said they had closed it off to completley reseal and repaint all the parking areas and lines up to the spillway.  Not across the dam but everywhere else.  He said it was easier just to shut the whole thing off and get it done than fight with towing people that camp overnight.  He said it will reopen on Friday the 18th.  He didn't know what time thought.  The guys name was Alex and he used to play Banjo in one of Steve Bakers bands.

                    He was appologetic for telling Chris Lee that only Barclay would be shut off.  He said he didn't know the whole story till later in the day.

                    Cheers!

                    > From: jim@gemstategymnastics.com
                    > To: geardaddyllc@gmail.com; snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com; BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
                    > Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:21:47 -0600
                    > Subject: Re: [BSA] LP closed
                    >
                    > Damn is totally closed. No access to turners or barkley. Betsy is hiking the hill. She has carried the board sail and forgot her harness. So far three trips up the hill. We cal this the sail/hike workout. If she can. Slog out of the corner here by the overlook she. Will get to saIl.
                    >
                    > Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:
                    >

                    > Lucky Peak is closed. Resurfacing roadway. No access
                    >
                    > Eddy Petranek
                    >
                    > --
                    >
                    > --

                  • geardaddyllc
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 16, 2010
                      Stuck at work until 4-5 ...my truck is in shop and my gear is in it.

                      Once I pick up truck, I'll meet up...wherever. If the wind is blowing in Nampa I think I'll head to Gott point

                      Otherwise off to CJS or RCR

                      Eddy
                    • Jim shultz
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 16, 2010

                        In mesquite, bc...winds sustained at 30 g45!!

                        On Jun 16, 2010 9:38 AM, "Idahokiteboard" <idahokiteboard@...> wrote:

                        Snow possible down to 5500 ft

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Idahokiteboard <idahokiteboard@...> wrote:

                        > When is e...

                      • Jim shultz
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 16, 2010

                          Mesquite, Nevada!  Not bc...

                          On Jun 16, 2010 9:38 AM, "Idahokiteboard" <idahokiteboard@...> wrote:

                          Snow possible down to 5500 ft

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Idahokiteboard <idahokiteboard@...> wrote:

                          > When is e...

                        • Idahokiteboard
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 16, 2010
                            I'm off work at 130 heading to RCR or CJ by 230 looks like it's still blowing anyone else interested talk to Steve think he is in

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Jun 16, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

                            Mesquite, Nevada!  Not bc...

                            On Jun 16, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Idahokiteboard <idahokiteboard@hotmail.com> wrote:

                            > When is e...

                          • Idahokiteboard
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 16, 2010
                              Eddy if we go to RCR I plan on Staying till 7 or until the wind dies

                              Sent from my iPhone