RE: Lucky Peak today

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      To add on to what Tom said. I hiked around to where our Turner Gulch beach
      used to be. It is not there anymore (underwater). I setup in the little
      bay upwind of Turner and drift launched out into the channel. WOW... it was
      so much easier using my 5th line this year.

      I had a great 1 hour session from 8:00-9:00 before the wind got light and
      VERY squirley. I decided to bring it in before I became underpowered and
      wound up at Barclay Bay. It is SO NICE ending at the same place you started
      (staying upwind). I forgot my board leash at home so I had to drag upwind
      once to retrieve my board. Wow that water is still chilly on the head and
      hands. I think I am to the point where I am going to try some small jumps.
      Watch out everyone.

      The channel sure is getting wide. I also noticed the wind seems stronger
      towards the edges and a bit lighter in the middle.

      Looks like Jim and Tom were mostly well powered on their wind machines.

      Tom, did you end up going to Indian Creek that day? How was it?

      -Jason

      P.S. I have not forgotten about the remote wind monitoring station. I am
      still researching options on the interenet. It seems noone knows where the
      old equipment went or where it was originally located. I'll keep everyone
      posted.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
        Guys,

        The wind was great yesterday at ICR (Sunday evening). I think I got one of my highest fully intended jumps yesterday I was a solid 30 feet up if not higher. Landed it  like a butterfly with sore feet in the reverse direction ...so sweet.  I also tried a tantrum and as I went over the board bounced off my lines which caused an unintended 360 somehow pulled it off like I meant to do it.  I love the new kites.

        If there is strong SE go to BCR, which is nice and full and does not smell yet.

        Tuesday morn at LP should be kicking.

        Wednesday evening session at ICR.

        I don't head out of town until Friday and gone next week, so I have time to play.