morning wind Friday ?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
      It mite be worth getting up and checking the wind tomorrow morning , it would be a unorthodox set up but with the strong SE in the forecast it just mite work
    • Idahokiteboard
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
        Hey Steve what were you thinking for tomorrow am ??? I might be able to get away for a quick sesh let me know... Their is a flash flood watch from this evening till tomorrow am ... But that just means we might be able to kite where their is normally never water

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 3, 2010, at 8:41 AM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

        It mite be worth getting up and checking the wind tomorrow morning , it would be a unorthodox set up but with the strong SE in the forecast it just mite work

      • tony williams
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
          Steve means at LP.  Best winds start at 7:30 or so and can go as late as 10:00. But that is the way of LP it can start and then drop off for an hour and then come back for a couple of hours, or it can just shut off fast. Trust me, I have seen just about everybody get caught out when it dies and have to swim back in. So rule is if the wind starts to back off for more then a couple of tacks across the res, then head back in. If you were wrong and the wind comes back, you can always just go back out but if you were right, then you just saved yourself a long swim and or from having to take out from the water from off the rocks near the dam.
          Best of luck.
          If it is working, you will see my kite out as I try to be on the water at 7:00 so that I can be done and at work at 9:30.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
            I wonder if any of this 'flooding' is making it to Indian Creek Res?  I still think someone is diverting the water somehow.  I'm starting to sound like my grandpa now.

            See you in the Morning if it's working.  I'll think positive :-)

            -JBrick

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010

              Yes I was talking about LP but it is looking less likely . the forecast has changed for the worst

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2010
                I'll join you and your positive attitude:-)

                And I think I'll double down and hit an afternoon session out east.

                Eddy Petranek

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010
                  Looks like it might have been working this morning but for me it was raining to hard at home, and Tony don't kite in the rain.
                  Hope you with the luxury or waiting it out have better luck.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010

                    At 7;20 only 10 G 17 not quite there . Yesterday the forecast was 21 SE at 6;00 am so I got excited but its down graded to 14 se today . maybe Sunday morning at LP

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010

                      Next week looks good.... Crossing my fingers.

                      -JBrick

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010
                        Looks like the little burp of wind that I thought might happen this afternoon is gone... BUMMER, but I have my gear if it happens, and I'm even willing to play in the mud puddle at ICR

                        Sunday morning at Lucky Peak might happen, WATCHING

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010
                          Should have been at arrow rock resevoir at 315 for tornado kiting

                          Sent from my iPhone