Re: [snowkiteidaho] surfs up

    Message 1 of 19 , May 11 10:38 AM

      Right now LL looks iffy but it may be good by 2;00 pm . Right now I'm leaning toward CJS  If I get going early
      Message 2 of 19 , May 11 11:22 AM
        I'll be headed for either LL or CJS sometime after 2. It will depend on wind readings via internet and "on-site reports"....

        Right now LL looks iffy but it may be good by 2;00 pm . Right now I'm leaning toward CJS If I get going early

        Message 3 of 19 , May 11 11:27 AM
          Be careful at CJS. Forecast has winds hitting 55mph

          LL looks good right now. Leaving office ~2 going to Gott point

          Eddy Petranek

          Message 4 of 19 , May 11 11:45 AM

            23 g 30 is a little more comfortable then 33 g41 so I'm headed to LL

            Message 5 of 19 , May 11 1:04 PM
              Gott point blowing 15 to 25 gust to 30

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 19 , May 11 1:06 PM
                Oh yeah water is as cold as a dead hooker in Siberia

                Message 7 of 19 , May 11 6:24 PM

                  I took the water temp at Lake Lowell today it is 52 to 53 . 49  to 50 is my starting point so this is getting comfortable and with the high today of 66  I never felt cold .

                  Message 8 of 19 , May 11 8:04 PM
                    My feet took a couple hours to defrost.

                    Tomorrow afternoon out east might be fun.

                    Eddy Petranek

                    Message 9 of 19 , May 11 8:35 PM
                      Steve - thanks again for the kite catch... and sorry you got your legs wet!

                      Eddie - thanks for providing the additional motivation. My relatively short session was fun (big swells for LL) and "un-eventful"! It was definitely worth trying 28 gusting to 38.

                      The launch at Gott Point is great, and the water is relatively good and getting warmer. LL in the spring can be good, but LP on a sunny warm 20+ morning is more in my "comfort zone"

                      Remember the beach cleanup on Saturday. Now is our chance to get it ready for the season....

                      Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

                      Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

                      Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

                      Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

                      Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

                      when will the season LL season start?

                      Jack

                      Message 10 of 19 , May 11 9:32 PM

                        So, that was Jack's kite that I saw off Gott's Point!

                        It was a good 4.5 day and I launched right off the boat dock.  I had to come in once to flatten the sail as I rigged it kind of full to start with even though Steve was telling me there's plenty of wind out there.

                        I was getting kind of warm with the first few reaches until I fell in.  The water felt kind of cold and definitely don't want to stay in it for too long. It was fine as long as I didn't fall. :-)

                        Best regards,

                        Chris Lee

                              Message 14 of 19 , May 12 10:38 AM

                                11;30 headed to Gott Point

                                Message 15 of 19 , May 12 1:50 PM
                                  Wind looks like it is flaking out in nampa, so Billy and I are heading east to RCR

                                  Meeting at albys at 3:30

                                  Eddy

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 21, 2010
                                    Some reason it will not up date . so I'll drive up and look
                                    03:0250.7 °F26.0 °F26.72inEast19.2mph22.8mph38%----
                                    03:2250.0 °F26.0 °F26.72inEast18.3mph24.6mph39%----
                                    03:4249.6 °F25.7 °F26.72inENE15.4mph26.2mph