RE: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday Sesh

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2010
      Earlier was better, but light. Later (~1) was late! As the wind readings
      indicated, LLull dropped off.... while CJSurge was "relatively" constant in
      the afternoon.

      But it was a nice afternoon!

      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2010
        Blacks Creek
        I kited at blacks creek yesterday from 2:00 - 4:00
        The launch was good but as predicted by steve, the wind is very up and down do to the hills directly west of the water. Started on a 9m and then switched to a 13. Right now all of the burrs are green and soft but when they dry, the place will be sticker city. Also I think the water is already to murky for me and would not go back.  But is was worth the try and a good safe place to start the season out and get the water legs back under me.  Loved my new 5/4 wetsuit. no water got inside and was toasty warm.

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2010
          'relatively constant' is a good way to describe it.  You know how it gets at CJS.  The low 20's felt low and the high 20's felt high.  But for me on a 11m Fuel.... you gotta know it was windy.  ALways nice using a small kite in Idaho.

          -JBrick

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2010
            Is Blacks creek the pond off of blacks creek exit from I84 (just to the south)?  If so, I thought that was fed by Indian Creek.  How can Blacks Creek have any water if Indian Creek doesn't?  Isn't that water full of cow dung?  Steve L. told me to stay out unless I wanted to catch a nice case of Beaver Fever.  Do you feel strange today?

            -JBrick

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2010
              I don't feel strange and the water did not smell wierd but it does have a muddy bottom and definately not nice as LP.  The water level is pretty good so it must not get its water from Indian Creek. Like I said, I tried but would not reccomend it.