RE: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Strike

  • Gavin Morrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2010
      Thanks Jon:

      Sounds like a pretty secret spot. I have a sense of where it is now but I think I'll need someone to lead the way the first time. It looked like that other way in by the air force resort on the north shore was closed when I went over there.

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: idakiteman@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:04:26 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Strike

      Gavin, you can get there by turning in off the highway at the Black Sands Resort sign.  Just before you get to the resort, bear left on the dirt roads and on up the short rise.  Once on top of the rise, if you look NW you'll see the dam.  Continue NW on the dirt road just a short distance.  You'll see where primitive campsites have existed along the shore.  We park & put-in just before the small inlet that has irrigation pumps/gates.  The other way to get there is to take the dirt road shortcut off MH Airbase road that goes to the dam...I think it's signage says Strike Dam road.  Once you can see the dam, go down off the bluff and over the bridge crossing the Snake at dam outlet, then left at the crest of rise on other side of river.  Follow that road toward Black Sands Resort.

      On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@hotmail. com> wrote:

      What is the entrance from the road? Is it Black Sands Road or another road before you get to the entrance to Black Sands?

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
      Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:46:54 -0600

      You are asking about the launch at C.J.Strike Reservoir ? we launch about 200 yards north west of Black Sands Restaurant  and Marina. Large dirt parking area the bank drops off about 5 feet to the water .  shallow out 200 feet
      From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:14:14 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Today

      Sorry Gavin, I'm allergic to water. Makes me cough when I inhale it. :).

      We are heading up about 1:00. Anybody else?

      484-6766

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 16, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@hotmail. com> wrote:

      What about a double header, Camus and CJ in one day?

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:43:17 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Today

      Forecast looks windy but warm for Camas today. It could be gooy. But I
      wouldn't mind one last ride...
      Maybe 1:00 departure.

      Darrel Thomas