RE: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday

  • Mark Westerdoll
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 8, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.5 MB
    We skied this today, Utah backcountry is a whole other level! Holy Buckets!
     Westy

    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
    From: tonyswilliams@...
    Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:02:05 -0700
    Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday

    Westy you the man.
    Yes Alta is excellent.  My Brother-in-law was a snowcat groomer there for a few years and they often get dry light powder snow in April. That is why they often hold the finals for the national Powder 8s competion there at the end of the year.  Too bad they are like Bogus and have to close do to agreement with forest service even if they have a ton of snow left. Get some for the rest of us. You lucky dog.

    From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
    Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

    Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
    Message 2 of 30 , Dec 20, 2010
      I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
      Rusty

      Message 3 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
        You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

        Eddy Petranek

        On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

        I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
        Rusty

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 4 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
          Deerhaven is 11g16 and forecasted to rise. Last resort should be good all day. I f'd up and signed up for the company holiday bowling party this afternoon. I'll be at Westy's gaining a deeper insight for the  7 day waiting period...

          Darrel Thomas
          Sent from my iPhone

          On Dec 21, 2010, at 4:30 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

          Eddy Petranek

          On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

          I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
          Rusty

          Sent from my iPhone

        • hawkicd11
          Message 5 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
            I will be heading up around 11. See you up there

            Message 6 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
              Looking Good!

              Eddy
            • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
              Message 7 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                Cough, cough bring filters
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600
                To: Snowkiteidaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                Looking Good!

                Message 8 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                  Nasty. But still driving

                  Eddy

                  On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:35 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                  Cough, cough bring filters

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                  Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                  Looking Good!

                  Eddy

                • tony williams
                  Message 9 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                    Resident Skunk took refuge from the wind under the dock we all walk on when catching kites. Seemed happy to stay there all morning.  I probably should have looked for refuge myself as the wind was nasty.
                    Rodeo kiting today, figures, only brought big kite and big board.  But had fun. Sorry for you who got out late as it looks like it shut off quickly after I left.

                    From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                    Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                    Looking Good!

                    Message 10 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                      Well after smoking a pack and what not.  Goto work late park in different spot only to get side swiped by visitor...Doho

                      Glad I got to kite this am otherwise I'd be a grumpy B!!!

                      Eddy

                      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                      Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                      Looking Good!

                      Eddy

                    • Jim Tighe

                        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                        Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                        Message 12 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                          Not the TT! That skunks.
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:46:09 -0600
                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saw the Skunk but did not get skunked this morning.

                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                          Looking Good!

                          Message 13 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                            Fortunately it is just paint about size a half dollar coins in 2 spots.

                            Eddy

                            On Aug 21, 2012, at 12:05 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                            Not the TT! That skunks.

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                            Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                            Message 14 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                              Close enuf to put a "MoonEyes" sticker over? OO
                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                              From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                              Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                              Looking Good!

                              Eddy

                            • Bill Binegar
                              Message 15 of 30 , Jul 30 9:42 AM
                                Four kiters today, Tony, Kelly, Brian and myself. One windsurfer Chris Lee. I was on the 17m and barely kept it going. Not sure how Brian, Kelly were able to go out there I believe both on 12. Tony on 14m probably had the best wind early although it did pick up near the end some.
                                Later, Bill

                                Message 16 of 30 , Jul 30 9:54 AM

                                  Thanks for the report.  Sounds about how it looked on the graph.  The random dips in the evening/morning wind are interesting.  Maybe some clouds or pockets of non-uniform air.

                                  Did you find the wind better up the canyon?  Seems like when the water starts dropping the wind gets better up by “Beef Butte”.

                                  How is the beach at Barclay?

                                  -JBrick

                                    Message 18 of 30 , Aug 19, 2014
                                      Radar shows a blob of clouds/rain on East side of lake. Can anyone visually see it?