Tuesday

  • darrelthomas@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 5, 2010
      I got my eye on tomorrow afternoon.

      Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 5, 2010
        It's going nuts out there now
        Weather Conditions for:
        Pine Turnoff, ID (ITD51)
        Elev: 5502 ft; Latitude: 43.31348; Longitude: -115.26654

        Current time:Mon, 05 Apr 16:31 pm (MDT)
        Most Recent Observation:Mon, 05 Apr 3:52 pm (MDT)
        TimeTemp.DewRelativeWindWindWindQuality
        PointHumidityChillDirectionSpeedControl
        (MDT)(f)(f)(%)(f)(mph)
        05 Apr 3:52 pm28238214W22G25OK
        05 Apr 3:37 pm28248413W26G29OK
        05 Apr 3:07 pm27259112W27G30OK
        05 Apr 2:52 pmW29G33OK
        05 Apr 2:38 pm27269512W27G32OK
        05 Apr 2:23 pm27269612WSW27G30OK
        05 Apr 2:09 pm27269612WSW26G30OK
        05 Apr 1:52 pm28279614WSW23G26OK
        05 Apr 1:37 pm28279614WSW21G24O
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 7, 2010
          Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
            Sorry for this! Alta, road closed for 2 days, 5 feet of new in the last few days, 10th car in line, opened at 9am. One of the first chairs up and followed the patroll all day as they were opening fresh terrain. Absolutely fantastic fresh shots all day! OMG! SOLITUDE TOMMORROW
            Westy

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: stevelinane@...
            Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600
            Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
              Yes Alta is excellent.  My Brother-in-law was a snowcat groomer there for a few years and they often get dry light powder snow in April. That is why they often hold the finals for the national Powder 8s competion there at the end of the year.  Too bad they are like Bogus and have to close do to agreement with forest service even if they have a ton of snow left. Get some for the rest of us. You lucky dog.

              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
              From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
              Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

              Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
              We skied this today, Utah backcountry is a whole other level! Holy Buckets!
               Westy

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: tonyswilliams@...
              Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:02:05 -0700

              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
              From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
              Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

              Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
              Message 7 of 30 , Dec 20, 2010
                I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                Rusty

                Message 8 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                  You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

                  Eddy Petranek

                  On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

                  I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                  Rusty

                  Sent from my iPhone

                • Darrel Thomas
                  Message 9 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                    Deerhaven is 11g16 and forecasted to rise. Last resort should be good all day. I f'd up and signed up for the company holiday bowling party this afternoon. I'll be at Westy's gaining a deeper insight for the  7 day waiting period...

                    Darrel Thomas
                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Dec 21, 2010, at 4:30 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                    You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

                    Eddy Petranek

                    On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

                    I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                    Rusty

                    Sent from my iPhone

                  • hawkicd11
                    Message 10 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                      I will be heading up around 11. See you up there

                      Message 11 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                        Looking Good!

                        Eddy
                      • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                        Message 12 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                          Cough, cough bring filters
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600
                          To: Snowkiteidaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                          Looking Good!

                          Message 13 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                            Nasty. But still driving

                            Eddy

                            On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:35 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                            Cough, cough bring filters

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                            Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                            Looking Good!

                            Eddy

                          • tony williams
                            Message 14 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                              Resident Skunk took refuge from the wind under the dock we all walk on when catching kites. Seemed happy to stay there all morning.  I probably should have looked for refuge myself as the wind was nasty.
                              Rodeo kiting today, figures, only brought big kite and big board.  But had fun. Sorry for you who got out late as it looks like it shut off quickly after I left.

                              From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                              Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                              Looking Good!

                              Message 15 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                Well after smoking a pack and what not.  Goto work late park in different spot only to get side swiped by visitor...Doho

                                Glad I got to kite this am otherwise I'd be a grumpy B!!!

                                Eddy

                                From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                Looking Good!

                                Eddy

                              • Jim Tighe

                                  From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                  Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                  Message 17 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                    Not the TT! That skunks.
                                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                    From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                    Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:46:09 -0600
                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                    ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saw the Skunk but did not get skunked this morning.

                                    From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                    Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                    Looking Good!

                                    Message 18 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                      Fortunately it is just paint about size a half dollar coins in 2 spots.

                                      Eddy

                                      On Aug 21, 2012, at 12:05 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                                      Not the TT! That skunks.

                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                      Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                      Message 19 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                        Close enuf to put a "MoonEyes" sticker over? OO
                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                        Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                        Looking Good!

                                        Eddy

                                      • Bill Binegar
                                        Message 20 of 30 , Jul 30 9:42 AM
                                          Four kiters today, Tony, Kelly, Brian and myself. One windsurfer Chris Lee. I was on the 17m and barely kept it going. Not sure how Brian, Kelly were able to go out there I believe both on 12. Tony on 14m probably had the best wind early although it did pick up near the end some.
                                          Later, Bill

                                          Message 21 of 30 , Jul 30 9:54 AM

                                            Thanks for the report.  Sounds about how it looked on the graph.  The random dips in the evening/morning wind are interesting.  Maybe some clouds or pockets of non-uniform air.

                                            Did you find the wind better up the canyon?  Seems like when the water starts dropping the wind gets better up by “Beef Butte”.

                                            How is the beach at Barclay?

                                            -JBrick

                                              Message 23 of 30 , Aug 19, 2014
                                                Radar shows a blob of clouds/rain on East side of lake. Can anyone visually see it?