Power Mountain

  • darrelthomas@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2010
      Just an add on to the Powder Mointain stuff; you can kite from the parking lot to the main area and back if there good enough wind and you know what you're doing. But the $20 pass is still required.

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 14, 2010, at 12:25 PM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

      Fri. on the way to Superfly, J ,Darrel and myself stopped at the maintenance shad .  Wind 31mph road 2 hrs . Sat. Power Mt. this is the drill Buy a one time pass $20 , that gets you a ride on the t bar and one lift ride on your way out . the T bar doesn't get you all the way to the riding area some walking is required . From what we could see the riding area isn't to big . we didn't get to ride because the 30mph winds that were forecasted must of detoured to Idaho . Interesting note, the Best guys have a permanent lesson set up . and Darrel said it was nice to see the sport legitimized by Power Mt.  To get back you can walk a little ways and ski down to the lift , lifts close at 4;30 . or you can kite back to the parking lot wind and weather permitting , as far as that goes I don't know why you couldn't kite from the parking lot out to the riding area , I don't know I didn't ask . My impression , Its something to do once just for the experience ,but if your going to Utah to kite , Skyline or Strawberry would be a better choice . On the way home yesterday stop at the Snowmobile park. wind was the smoothest I think I have ever seen .I felt absolute no gusts and it hovered around 30mph truly incredible . we say Ryan and Jim out there Ryan said they had been riding since 9;00am and we left at 7;00pm and they were just packing up . 10 hours has got to be some kind of record in 30mph , so to sum up the only riding we did was in Idaho