Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Sunday departure

  • darrelthomas@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1, 2010
      So did it snow or rain up there on Saturday?

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

      Sent from
      Eddy Petranek

      On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:

      2pm departure @ Albys

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 1, 2010

        You know Darrel I don't think anyone went up Saturday .  We got rain down here but it was at the freezing mark up there . I don't believe they got much if anything , Friday there was stall 6 inches of really decent snow on top of hard pack . it got to 37 yesterday and the snow got soft but it will probably warm today and be mostly sunny so soft agin lets hope

        On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

        Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:

        2pm departure @ Albys

        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

        > It's starting to flow down here. Anyone wanna take a chance.
        >
        > Sent from
        > Eddy Petranek
        >

        > On Feb 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@ ...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on
        > > the Camas.
        > >
        > > Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and
        > > make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be
        > > FANTASTIC!!!
        > >
        > > I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It
        > > should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the
        > > hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and
        > > staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.
        > >
        > > If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners
        > > allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o
        > >
        > > Eddy
        > >
        > > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC
        > > <geardaddyllc@ > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Jason,
        > > >
        > > > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon
        > > and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm
        > > start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
        > > >
        > > > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw
        > > the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
        > > >
        > > > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is
        > > happening.
        > > >
        > > > Eddy
        > > >

        > > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
        > > > geardaddyllc@
        > > > 208-863-6966

        > > is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..

        > > Think I'll

      • Gavin Morrison
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2010
        • 1 Attachment
        • 48 KB
        85 degrees, warm water, 18 gusting to 20 mph, Lit on a 12 meter ...Doesn't get any better than this.

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: stevelinane@...
        Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:13:04 -0700

        You know Darrel I don't think anyone went up Saturday .  We got rain down here but it was at the freezing mark up there . I don't believe they got much if anything , Friday there was stall 6 inches of really decent snow on top of hard pack . it got to 37 yesterday and the snow got soft but it will probably warm today and be mostly sunny so soft agin lets hope
        So did it snow or rain up there on Saturday?

        Darrel Thomas
        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

        Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:

        2pm departure @ Albys

        --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

        > It's starting to flow down here. Anyone wanna take a chance.
        >
        > Sent from
        > Eddy Petranek
        >

        > On Feb 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@ ...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on
        > > the Camas.
        > >
        > > Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and
        > > make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be
        > > FANTASTIC!!!
        > >
        > > I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It
        > > should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the
        > > hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and
        > > staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.
        > >
        > > If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners
        > > allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o
        > >
        > > Eddy
        > >
        > > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC
        > > <geardaddyllc@ > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Jason,
        > > >
        > > > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon
        > > and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm
        > > start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
        > > >
        > > > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw
        > > the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
        > > >
        > > > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is
        > > happening.
        > > >
        > > > Eddy
        > > >

        > > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
        > > > geardaddyllc@
        > > > 208-863-6966

        > > is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..

        > > Think I'll

      • geardaddyllc
        Message 4 of 18 , Mar 21, 2010
          Heading up ~11:30 ETD

          Yesterday was fun added 2 new kiters to the group. Today should be the same.

          Message 5 of 18 , Mar 21, 2010
            Regardless of what the weather stations said Billy & I had a fantastic last resort day. Today was Billys last day for the snow and will be headed to Corpus Christi to start his new life as a slave to Kiteboarding.com. Billy you still ski like a girl and my wife can jump higher. Maybe some smooth Texas winds and your dream of being an average kiter will be fullfilled!!!

            Miss you already bro. Don't get to much better than us ole boys;-)

            Sent from
            Eddy Petranek

            Message 6 of 18 , Mar 21, 2010

               Billy Sorry to see you go but like you always say ( life's to short not to kite every day ) and in Corpus you will finely be able to realize your dream . Keep us up dated on the extreme fun you are having , and let us know when you are settled in so we can visit .
              Steve
              Ceramic Tile Contractor

              Message 7 of 18 , Mar 21, 2010
                Wow Billy...good luck.  What a neat job.  But in Corpus with nice parks and beaches for miles around to launch land, you'll get soft & lazy.  No rocks and sagebrush and trees lining waters edge and launching in the middle of picnic areas...the way real mankiters do it.  Too bad...soft & squishy & spoiled....

                Good luck.  Keep us tuned in to happenings....and get us some bro' deals @ KB.com

                Jon