early morning departure

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
      its still blowing anyone up yet ?
      steve 7137197
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
        Visibility is crap. Tomorrow forecast is 10-15NW and sun.  Think I'll wait and see if it clears

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010

          Its backed off to 8g9 now so your probably right . Jmc will be glad to hear the forecast has changed for tomorrow . probably turn on about 2;00pm if it happens

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
            Hey Eddie, where are you seeing the forecast for NW 10-15? NOAA is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..

            --Jason

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
              Jason,

              NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon and that is going to be our saving grace.  see you up there ~2pm start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.

              Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.

              I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is happening.

              Eddy

              Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
              208-863-6966

              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

              > Visibility is crap. Tomorrow forecast is 10-15NW and sun. Think I'll
              > wait and see if it clears
              >
              > Sent from
              > Eddy Petranek
              >

              > On Feb 27, 2010, at 6:07 AM, "Steve Linane"
              > <stevelinane@ ...> wrote:
              >
              > > its still blowing anyone up yet ?
              > > steve 7137197

            • geardaddyllc
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on the Camas.

                Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be FANTASTIC!!!

                I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.

                If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o

                > Jason,
                >
                > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
                >
                > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
                >
                > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is happening.
                >
                > Eddy
                >

                > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                > geardaddyllc@...
                > 208-863-6966
                >
                > On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:19 PM, jasonfrink86 wrote:
                >
                > > Hey Eddie, where are you seeing the forecast for NW 10-15? NOAA is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..
                > >
                > > --Jason
                > >
                > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Visibility is crap. Tomorrow forecast is 10-15NW and sun. Think I'll
                > > > wait and see if it clears
                > > >
                > > > Sent from
                > > > Eddy Petranek

              • jasonfrink86
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                  Cool, thanks for the info...just was wondering if there's another forecast source to look at besides NOAA. I am Portland based and hoping for a solid 3 day forecast to pounce on before the end of the season. Got a few good days in early Feb and am ready for some more!

                  Good luck for today!

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                    Looks like its turned east and really sunny  but I'm going to bag it, I going to wait and see what tomorrow looks like but Tuesday's forecast looks really windy

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                      It's starting to flow down here.  Anyone wanna take a chance.

                      Sent from
                      Eddy Petranek

                      On Feb 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                      My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on the Camas.

                      Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be FANTASTIC!!!

                      I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.

                      If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o

                      Eddy

                      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                      > Jason,
                      >
                      > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
                      >
                      > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
                      >
                      > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is happening.
                      >
                      > Eddy
                      >

                      > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                      > geardaddyllc@ ...
                      > 208-863-6966
                      >
                      > On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:19 PM, jasonfrink86 wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hey Eddie, where are you seeing the forecast for NW 10-15? NOAA is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..
                      > >
                      > > --Jason
                      > >
                      > > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Visibility is crap. Tomorrow forecast is 10-15NW and sun. Think I'll
                      > > > wait and see if it clears
                      > > >
                      > > > Sent from
                      > > > Eddy Petranek

                    • geardaddyllc
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                        2pm departure @ Albys

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 28, 2010
                          Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

                          Sent from
                          Eddy Petranek

                          2pm departure @ Albys

                        • darrelthomas@cableone.net
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 1 4:46 AM
                            So did it snow or rain up there on Saturday?

                            Darrel Thomas
                            Sent from my iPhone

                            2pm departure @ Albys

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 1 8:13 AM

                              You know Darrel I don't think anyone went up Saturday .  We got rain down here but it was at the freezing mark up there . I don't believe they got much if anything , Friday there was stall 6 inches of really decent snow on top of hard pack . it got to 37 yesterday and the snow got soft but it will probably warm today and be mostly sunny so soft agin lets hope

                              On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

                              Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

                              Sent from
                              Eddy Petranek

                              On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:

                              2pm departure @ Albys

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                              > It's starting to flow down here. Anyone wanna take a chance.
                              >
                              > Sent from
                              > Eddy Petranek
                              >

                              > On Feb 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > > My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on
                              > > the Camas.
                              > >
                              > > Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and
                              > > make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be
                              > > FANTASTIC!!!
                              > >
                              > > I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It
                              > > should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the
                              > > hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and
                              > > staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.
                              > >
                              > > If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners
                              > > allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o
                              > >
                              > > Eddy
                              > >
                              > > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC
                              > > <geardaddyllc@ > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Jason,
                              > > >
                              > > > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon
                              > > and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm
                              > > start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
                              > > >
                              > > > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw
                              > > the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is
                              > > happening.
                              > > >
                              > > > Eddy
                              > > >

                              > > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              > > > geardaddyllc@
                              > > > 208-863-6966

                              > > is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..

                              > > Think I'll

                            • Gavin Morrison
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 1 9:04 AM
                              • 1 Attachment
                              • 48 KB
                              85 degrees, warm water, 18 gusting to 20 mph, Lit on a 12 meter ...Doesn't get any better than this.

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: stevelinane@...
                              Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:13:04 -0700

                              You know Darrel I don't think anyone went up Saturday .  We got rain down here but it was at the freezing mark up there . I don't believe they got much if anything , Friday there was stall 6 inches of really decent snow on top of hard pack . it got to 37 yesterday and the snow got soft but it will probably warm today and be mostly sunny so soft agin lets hope
                              So did it snow or rain up there on Saturday?

                              Darrel Thomas
                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Feb 28, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

                              Great session. Why did I go on my skis thou?  That was brutal. Now I have legs of jello for tomorrow's session. Snow turned into mush so tomorrow maybe ice????

                              Sent from
                              Eddy Petranek

                              On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@gmail.com> wrote:

                              2pm departure @ Albys

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                              > It's starting to flow down here. Anyone wanna take a chance.
                              >
                              > Sent from
                              > Eddy Petranek
                              >

                              > On Feb 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > > My gut still tells me an afternoon thermal flow will prevail up on
                              > > the Camas.
                              > >
                              > > Unfortunately, the Easterly flow will kick in a little early and
                              > > make this afternoon less than epic. Monday however should be
                              > > FANTASTIC!!!
                              > >
                              > > I'm planing a 1-1:30 departure, unless there is an East reading. It
                              > > should be NW by 2pm and peak at 4pm probably 8-16mph. Workin' the
                              > > hills for better thermal drive, probably hit Hysterical site and
                              > > staying close to truck when it shuts off ~30mins to sunset.
                              > >
                              > > If you don't like working light conditions stay home, no whiners
                              > > allowed, unless you bring good cheese and real wine :-o
                              > >
                              > > Eddy
                              > >
                              > > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC
                              > > <geardaddyllc@ > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Jason,
                              > > >
                              > > > NOAA Changes hourly, but thermals will kick in tomorrow afternoon
                              > > and that is going to be our saving grace. see you up there ~2pm
                              > > start peak at 4pm. but like I said 10-15mph.
                              > > >
                              > > > Monday looks to shift back to strong East early so that may screw
                              > > the pooch for tomorrow. I guess we will wait and see.
                              > > >
                              > > > I'm still planning a 1-ish departure for Sunday, unless nothing is
                              > > happening.
                              > > >
                              > > > Eddy
                              > > >

                              > > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              > > > geardaddyllc@
                              > > > 208-863-6966

                              > > is showing NW 3-6...thanks in advance..

                              > > Think I'll

                            • geardaddyllc
                              Message 15 of 18 , Mar 21 9:48 AM
                                Heading up ~11:30 ETD

                                Yesterday was fun added 2 new kiters to the group. Today should be the same.

                                Message 16 of 18 , Mar 21 2:20 PM
                                  Regardless of what the weather stations said Billy & I had a fantastic last resort day. Today was Billys last day for the snow and will be headed to Corpus Christi to start his new life as a slave to Kiteboarding.com. Billy you still ski like a girl and my wife can jump higher. Maybe some smooth Texas winds and your dream of being an average kiter will be fullfilled!!!

                                  Miss you already bro. Don't get to much better than us ole boys;-)

                                  Sent from
                                  Eddy Petranek

                                  Message 17 of 18 , Mar 21 2:37 PM

                                     Billy Sorry to see you go but like you always say ( life's to short not to kite every day ) and in Corpus you will finely be able to realize your dream . Keep us up dated on the extreme fun you are having , and let us know when you are settled in so we can visit .
                                    Steve
                                    Ceramic Tile Contractor

                                    Message 18 of 18 , Mar 21 3:06 PM
                                      Wow Billy...good luck.  What a neat job.  But in Corpus with nice parks and beaches for miles around to launch land, you'll get soft & lazy.  No rocks and sagebrush and trees lining waters edge and launching in the middle of picnic areas...the way real mankiters do it.  Too bad...soft & squishy & spoiled....

                                      Good luck.  Keep us tuned in to happenings....and get us some bro' deals @ KB.com

                                      Jon