Re: [snowkiteidaho] camas report

  • darrelthomas@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 25, 2010
      There was lots of fresh snow mostly in large areas drifted 1-2ft deep. The wind was variable and highly thermal in the afternoon. The big dogs were gliding over the trees when it was strong enough. I found myself gliding a couple times on accident. Amazingly, I pulled off the landings!  J & I shot some amazing video. He is processing it now. We will try to make a short post on kitesites.com tonight or tomorrow.

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:32 PM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

      Only two kites on the camas today and it was a good one . Kiterguuy and I road 2 hr and at one point it was 19G21  . and I now have the answer to the snow question . there is about 6in of new but its a bit heavy . I'm headed up tomorrow  as soon as it turns on . Darrel a little more details , glad your getting some

    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
        Hey Steve, I will be heading out at 1:30 so hope to see you out there.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
          All - I have 9:00 and 11:00 meetings this morning. But I'll have my gear and
          should be ready to meet up as early as 12:30... if anyone is interested in
          ride sharing. Jack

          Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW
          HyQual
          208-861-1654

          Hey Steve, I will be heading out at 1:30 so hope to see you out there.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
            I should be back and ready to go by then also.

            Getting blasted by the wind.  Near Baker City now

            Sent from
            Eddy Petranek

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010

              Aloft of enthusiasm this morning . Winds aloft forecast 34 to 37 SE at 6000 ft for today .
              Lets do the usual and meet at Albees  Eddy when you get to town give us a time . also tomorrow's forecast is 25 at 6000 SE

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                I should make it to Albys ~12:30

                Wind in Ontario was dead calm????

                Sent from
                Eddy Petranek

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 26, 2010
                  Were going to the flats.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
                    Road last resort ,wind 10 to 15 ,temp 33, just Bill Binegar , myself and two Californians . mostly sunny snow still in good condition