wind

    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 15, 2010
      its wind now but will it hold ? all the forecast models say no wind . go figure . you guys that have the day off keep a eye on it .
      I got a job today
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 11, 2011
        Rusty...here's except from the Refuge Brochure, available at Deerflat website:

        "Between October 1 and April 14, human-powered boats may be used, but only in the areas 200 yards in front of the Upper and Lower Dams. Boat-launching facilities are located at the Lower Dam Recreation Area, Access No. 1, Access No. 7 and the east and west ends of the Upper Dam. "

        We're considered "human powered boating" as is sailboating.  The areas available for use are so restricted, and in these locations there's big wind shadow behind the dams in NW winds.

        If they see anyone kiting outside those areas, I'm sure it'll provoke a harsh response and damage our group's interests.

        Jon

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

        It closed to motorboating but you can still use the lake for other activities ... For now

        Rusty Hill
        Photography Elevated

        On Oct 11, 2011, at 3:12 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

        To late it closed Oct 1

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: rustyshill@...
        Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:08:58 -0600
        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] wind

        I've only been out at Lake Lowell once kiting but it's 20-26 in nampa. Is it worth going out there for a session?

        Rusty Hill
        Photography Elevated

        On Oct 11, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

        I'm trying to arrange my work so that I can give Friday a shot....

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:57 PM, <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

        I've been de-listed from tomorrows line up. Thursday is out as well. Howz fridays forecast looking?
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...>
        Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:53:25 -0600

        oooohh...that's de-ranged...

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM, robbnukebruce <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:

        You're not in denial, Jim; That's a river in Egypt.
        You're in Da Lake...

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

        > I was jjust noticing the same thing about tomorrow/thur. Its raining right now. U would think we would be working this time of day instead of weather watching. Nancy says I am an addict. I am not in denial, am I?
        >
        > steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
        >

        > Chance of wind this afternoon but morning wind strong possibility Wednesday and Thursday
        >
        > --

        Best regards,

        Chris Lee