Re: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday? ... Tuesday

  • darrelthomas@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      I pussed out. I woulda gone if I found someone with more enthusiasm than me. The shitty drive to Mountain Home was the deal breaker for me. Looked like it would've been sweet in the afternoon; winds upper teens and clearing.

      Darrel Thomas
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:06 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      So did anyone hit it yesterday? How was it? Wind looked good, but visibility? Rub it in and tell us you had fun. My domestic duties got in the way ;-)

      Tuesday looks like it should be good for LR, if anyone wants to make plans I'm open for after noon departure.

      Eddy

    • mike stone
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 1.9 MB
      Three of us hit it, while a fourth never got launched due to a rat's nest of tangled lines.  The wind picked up just enough when we arrived for me to choose the 13m -just smaller than ideal for most of the time.  But the snow was really nice and there were a few moments of sunshine breaking through.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      So did anyone hit it yesterday? How was it? Wind looked good, but visibility? Rub it in and tell us you had fun. My domestic duties got in the way ;-)

      Tuesday looks like it should be good for LR, if anyone wants to make plans I'm open for after noon departure.

      Eddy

    • Dan Bond
      Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Jen and I were the other 2 of 3. Jen was on our 12m and I was on the 15m, good wind, excellent snow. The light was flat but with a couple of tracks in the snow you could easily spot your landing. Breaks in the clouds later in the afternoon improved visibility. It was a great day.