Sketchy Situation

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2010
      To the guy flying the green half-inflated Best kite, flying dangerously close to the highway at the Big Easy in whiteout conditions yesterday--TAKE A LESSON bro!!

      It was quite obvious watching you fly that you're either going to seriously hurt yourself or someone else, this fact was confirmed when I caught you kite and it was as soft as a wet noodle. Flying a limp kite is more dangerous than playing on electrical wires with golf clubs.

      Secondly confirmed when you said the week before that you couldn't get the kite to the ground and you dumped it into a barb wire fence to secure it.

      Buying a kite off eBay and teaching yourself only puts the rest of us who took lessons or learned from someone who knew what they were doing at risk. Or worse case scenario, you kill yourself out there and we get our access to private land CUT OFF.

      That's my rant, I've been where you're at and its easy to think 'oh, I can fly the kite so I'm good to go.' But the safety of others and ultimately our access to these sites makes knowing the intricacies of safely launching/landing and riding too important to leave up to YouTube videos or an instructional DVD bought on Ebay.

      That's it, that's all~

      J.Mac