Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saving it for Thursday

  • Nick Orlando
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
      Looks like there was some snow overnight last night!! I'm hopin' for some flying this Saturday... If only I didn't have to work during the week ;).

      On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM, geardaddyllc <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      I think Tomorrow could have a good NW push. so saving my energies for that.

      Yesterday was an OK day. Snow has gotten soft and is consolidating. Lots more sage exposed showing true amount of the snow up there. Its enough but not as good looking as it was a week ago. We dealt with some gusty E winds and played at the snowmobile park. It was very flat light so the only way to make out the landing was to look for snowmobile tracks or grass sticking thru. I flew my 15 the entire time Darrel and Steve did the 15 at first and moved down to the 10 for better control, but shortly after they switched to smaller kites the wind backed off.

      A couple guys from Bend , OR played at LR. One of the guys Found out how magnetically attractive kites are to barbed wire fence. I have seen shredded kites before but this one you could walk in and out of in several spots. Real Bummer! Worst part is his trip is over and he has a bad memory and worthless kite.

      Lesson to take note of "Fences and Trees eat kites...Give them plenty of room and be ready to use your safety!"

      See you guys tomorrow, hoping for a 12-2 departure time. Let me know if any wants to fill up the truck and head up at noon if wind is blowing early.

      Eddy

    • Kiteboard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
        I'm in Eddy for tomorrow !!!

        Life is to short not to Kiteboard when ever possible
        Billy McMaster

[...]

      • Josh Woodland
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
          I'm definitely IN for tomorrow.  I can leave after 11:30.  My bro., Joe, may come along, too.  I can drive if there's not room in Eddy's bus.

          Josh