Re: [snowkiteidaho] Bogus dude!

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      Winter lives!

      There is more snow at Bogus then whe they were open last year!  There is at least 3 ft left on anything north facing.  I drove to the upper lodge, grabbed the 14m and hiked up the road, round the back to the top.  The winds on top were a little more than I anticipated (might shoulda brought the 10m) and they were very thermal; gusty and very vertical.  I dicked around for a few minutes, but there really wasn't enough room between the lift, the rocks and the trees to do much.  Plus the slightly radical nature of the wind made it seem smaller too, so I packed it in after maybe 20 minutes.  THe snow was corning up nicely, so I made a run all the way to the bottom of the double chair, slapped the skins on and hked back out.