Re: [snowkiteidaho] http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/mwmap.php?map=boi

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
      This is host application, it lets you zoom in to just the area you want and it shows the historic info on the same page without opening a new window, for those using an iphone http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=9&extents=42.698586,-116.721497,43.897892,-114.441833&density=1

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2009
        I stumbled on a PHP weather map of NOAA/NWS's and Steve L. sent the link out to all.

        Tony replied (but just on one of the three groups, which I didn't see until today) with an even better one, using the Google Maps interface to allow zooming and panning.  Very nicely done.

        You can start with their "Boise region" view, http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?map=boise and if you want to pan around and tweak the zoom, you can use the "Permalink" button at upper right to capture the parameters, such as...
        Mtn Home to Camas Prairie:

        Boise to Mountain Home:
        Enjoy. I updated the collection on my windsurfing index, too.
        _____________
        Tom von Alten
        http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/
        tva@...

      • Kay Walston
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2009
          What a blast. Thanks to Eddy for the kite. What a ride even if it was quick. Learned a lot in little time. Watch out Laura......haha....well not really:)
          Kay

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Dec 22, 2009, at 6:39 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

          I stumbled on a PHP weather map of NOAA/NWS's and Steve L. sent the link out to all.

          Tony replied (but just on one of the three groups, which I didn't see until today) with an even better one, using the Google Maps interface to allow zooming and panning.  Very nicely done.

          You can start with their "Boise region" view, http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/ mesowest/ gmap.php? map=boise and if you want to pan around and tweak the zoom, you can use the "Permalink" button at upper right to capture the parameters, such as...
          Mtn Home to Camas Prairie:
          http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/ mesowest/ gmap.php? zoom=10&extents=42.87, -115.812, 43.471,-114. 673

          Boise to Mountain Home:
          http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/ mesowest/ gmap.php? zoom=9&extents=42.662, -117.09,43. 862,-114. 81
          Enjoy. I updated the collection on my windsurfing index, too.
          tva@fortboise. org