Fw: The Wheel Man

  • Mark Westerdoll
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
      Hi All!
      While we are waiting for snow, here is another one of those crazy videos of some short lived European on a death ride. It's best at the end when he starts passing people!
      Westy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2010
        Thought the group might find this interesting if not useful.  A program called "Wind Ninja" uses a fluid dynamics model to simulate winds over the landscape.  It is used mostly for fire behavior modeling, but obviously has other uses.  I attached a KMZ file of the output from the program using the following inputs:  9 mph 20' wind blowiing from 90 degrees (east), utilizing a landscape file (elevation, slope, aspect etc.) for the camas prarie area.  You should be able to double click on the file and Google Earth should automatically open and zoom to the overlay area.  I have not tried this with the free version of Google Earth, just the pro version...hopefully it works.  I think the potential uses will be obvious once you view the file.   The "Wind Ninja" program is free, and the landscape file can be downloaded for free from a website called landfire.  Google should point you to both.

        Cheers!

        Jim

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: tonyswilliams@...