windy here at mkcay creek in pendleton

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2006
      i had a good session yester day i chould not stay up wind tho i
      borrowed my friends board. i took the walk of shame but it was worth it
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2006
        Wow, what an epic session we had yesterday at Indian Creek! Jason, Ryan, Eddy and 1 windsurfer. It was blowing in the mid 20s with a few gusts in the low 30s. I'd like to see that happen. Water  was perfect for long suit but Ryan was in a shortie and looked warm enough.

        The Little Indian Creek ain't so little any more.  There is easily enough room for 20 kiters now. With a supper aggressive upwind leg I could make it to the far side in 4 passes. A little spooky not knowing the depth but the flat water is so sweet. I was popping a few giant thermal aided jumps with triple boost action. As long as there is water in the pond I'll be heading out there for any afternoon sessions. Should be strongest from 3:30 -7ish and gradually taper off but smooth in evenings.  So any of you guys with the light wind machines like the Exile will love it, I need to get one again badly.

        Looks like today might work again?  But don't worry I have not forgotten about the snowkite season ending party tonight...or maybe we should call it the welcome to the wet stuff party. Ye ha!

        Eddy

        See you tonight at J's
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2006

          Looks like Sunday afternoon will be a repeat performance…..

          Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs 73 to 78. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2006
            Hey fellas -

            Very sorry I'm going to miss the BBQ this evening.  Hopefully there'll be others, and hopefully y'all can help me try out my new (to me) patio for BBQing this summer and help me kill my lawn.

            I want to return the generosity of everyone - especially Eddy, Darrel, J, Steve, Ryan, and others - who helped me figure out how to use wind power to kill myself but didn't let me actually go through with it, and more importantly have a blast in the snow this winter.  I've already been on the river this spring and am always looking for boat candy....uh, I mean able paddlers.  If you're interested in a different kind of whitewater (as opposed to the frozen kind), please let me know.  Would be delighted to put together a day on the SF Payette for my snowkite homies, possibly in June or July? Of course it would have to be on a day when the wind's not up.

            Does everyone know about the whitewater gear swap tomorrow?  It's at IRS at 9 AM and will likely be huge.  Might be a good place to pick up affordable dry- and wetsuits.

            Am off to Mexico May 6-19.  Bring on the Puerto Escondido surf lessons!  Weeehooo!

            whit

            -
          • john perry
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2006
              i am heading out to my local spot tomorrow ill probley take the walk of shame ill get pics of the spot tomorrowand post them for u guys and gals

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2006
                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, john perry <kiterguuy@...>
                wrote:i almost got killed the wind went from 10 to like 55 mph in seconds

                > i am heading out to my local spot tomorrow ill probley take the walk
                of shame ill get pics of the spot tomorrowand post them for u guys
                and gals

                > Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote: v\:*
                {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*
                {behavior:url(#default#VML);} shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
                st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Looks
                like Sunday afternoon will be a repeat performance…..

                > Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs 73 to 78. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
                >

                > ---------------------------------

                recreation Idaho
                Recreation vehicles
                Outdoors
                Recreation jobs
                Recreation jobs

                Service.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 12, 2007

                  I'm holding out for the new Ozone Instincts, but if anyone needs:

                  SLINGSHOT MACHINE 2005 CLOSEOUT!!!!!

                  Awesome clearance sale on some big low wind performance kites. The Machine has been an Awesome flying kite for the low winds.  And at these prices you can easily add one to your quiver for those days when you just wish you had a little more wind!

                  The prices INCLUDES a complete package, bar, lines , pump, bag and kite.

                  17.5 complete $499.00
                  20.5 complete $499.00
                  25.5 complete $499.00

                  Shipping to anyone in USA $15.00

                  Gear Daddy LLC
                  Eddy Petranek
                  3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
                  Boise, ID 83712
                  geardaddy@...
                  (208) 863-6966

                • Mark Westerdoll
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 14, 2007
                    Hey Eddie, I might be interested in one of these BIG kites, I like to windsurf when possible, but with a big kite it might work when the wind is light! I've been buisy lately but I'll be ready to hook up soon. This next storm looks like it will set up Camas at least until mid March, when I leave for Baja! Westy
                    I'm holding out for the new Ozone Instincts, but if anyone needs:

                    SLINGSHOT MACHINE 2005 CLOSEOUT!!!! !

                    Awesome clearance sale on some big low wind performance kites. The Machine has been an Awesome flying kite for the low winds.  And at these prices you can easily add one to your quiver for those days when you just wish you had a little more wind!

                    The prices INCLUDES a complete package, bar, lines , pump, bag and kite.

                    17.5 complete $499.00
                    20.5 complete $499.00
                    25.5 complete $499.00

                    Shipping to anyone in USA $15.00