RE: [snowkiteidaho] get you gear back out

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
      What "kind" of water? - not sure what the question is, but hear are a few
      answers.....full, cool, non-drinkable

      CJS is a Run-of-the-river reservoir, and rarely drops more than a few feet
      for short term for power peaking. So it's almost full.

      While the water temperature will cool in the fall, relatively warm upstream
      "spring" flows and the depth of water combine to reduce the rate of fall
      cooling. I guess maybe somewhere around 10degC or 50degF. That shouldn't be
      too bad.

      Regarding things that grow in or survive in the water, they should be less
      viable, or dormant.....unless ingested.

      I'm hoping to go and deal with the cold water (I tend to avoid in
      mid-summer... depending on how long it's been). Anyway, if it gets near 60
      air temp, it could be like mid-summer at the Oregon cost! Anyone else for
      day at the "black sands" beach?

      Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW
      HyQual
      208-861-1654
      From: Kiteboard <idahokiteboard@...>
      To: "snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 8:59 AM

      Steve your a madman bro!!!!

      Life is to short not to Kiteboard when ever possible
      Billy McMaster

      On Nov 18, 2009, at 8:37 AM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@ clearwire.
      net <http://us.mc452.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=stevelinane@...>
      > wrote:

      Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a
      east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
      See you at CJ
    • Kay Walston

        net <http://us.mc452. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=stevelinane@ clearwire. net>
        > wrote:

        Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a
        east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
        See you at CJ

      • JAMES NANCY TIGHE
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
          Steve;
          Tuesday was the day but alas work got in the way by the time I realized it was good.  I'd go with you Fri/sat but am flying out to S Padre Island for Thanksgiving on Fri 20th to Sat 28.  Good luck.

          James ( Jim ) Tighe
          Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
          Tighe Gymnastics Sales
          5420 W State St.
          Boise, ID 83703
          208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
          208-859-1397 Cell (best )
          emai; jim@...
          website; gemstategymnastics.com

          To: BoiseSailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
          From: stevelinane@...
          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] get you gear back out

            From: stevelinane@...
            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700

            Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
            See you at CJ

          • jim S
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
              Steve!

              Count me in on Friday...available late morning, early afternoon.

              give me a call 208.850.1709

              Jim

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: Achim.Hill@...
              Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:30:51 +0000
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: get you gear back out

              Steve
              I'd like to join if you go. I have not done any kiting locally but would love to unpack my kite. Or just tag along and check out CJ. I am beginning/intermedi ate, eg can stay upwind. My kites are 7m and 10m, board is 128cm.
              I have been in dialog with Jon who mentioned some of you might go up Friday.
              Achim

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                wish I was going too
                Tuesday was the day but alas work got in the way by the time I realized it was good.  I'd go with you Fri/sat but am flying out to S Padre Island for Thanksgiving on Fri 20th to Sat 28.  Good luck.

                James ( Jim ) Tighe
                Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
                Tighe Gymnastics Sales
                5420 W State St.
                Boise, ID 83703
                208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
                208-859-1397 Cell (best )
                emai; jim@gemstategymnast ics.com
                website; gemstategymnastics. com

                To: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com; snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com; idahokiteboarding@ yahoogroups. com
                From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
                Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                  Achim
                  Looks like tomarrow is our best day with a high of 62 in the forecast . today saw windy from 12;00 to 4;00 but with a high of only 49  .
                  it  could drop off quick in the after noon tomarrow so we need to be there about 12;00 . Give me a call around 10;00 and we will make plans .
                  Steve 713-7197 . Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a east southeast wind between 13 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                    will do

                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: Achim.Hill@gmail. com