Re: [snowkiteidaho] get you gear back out

  • Kiteboard
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
      Steve your a madman bro!!!!

      Life is to short not to Kiteboard when ever possible
      Billy McMaster

      On Nov 18, 2009, at 8:37 AM, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...> wrote:

      Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
      See you at CJ

    • Kay Walst6on
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
        Steve you are a madman....are you really going???  What kind of water is left at CJ?

        Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        Realtor - Top Producer
        Boise, ID. 83706
        208-860-5053 - cell
        208-331-6833 - e-fax

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
          What "kind" of water? - not sure what the question is, but hear are a few
          answers.....full, cool, non-drinkable

          CJS is a Run-of-the-river reservoir, and rarely drops more than a few feet
          for short term for power peaking. So it's almost full.

          While the water temperature will cool in the fall, relatively warm upstream
          "spring" flows and the depth of water combine to reduce the rate of fall
          cooling. I guess maybe somewhere around 10degC or 50degF. That shouldn't be
          too bad.

          Regarding things that grow in or survive in the water, they should be less
          viable, or dormant.....unless ingested.

          I'm hoping to go and deal with the cold water (I tend to avoid in
          mid-summer... depending on how long it's been). Anyway, if it gets near 60
          air temp, it could be like mid-summer at the Oregon cost! Anyone else for
          day at the "black sands" beach?

          Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW
          HyQual
          208-861-1654

          <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif>

          net <http://us.mc452.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=stevelinane@...>
          > wrote:

          Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a
          east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
          See you at CJ
        • Kay Walston

            net <http://us.mc452. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=stevelinane@ clearwire. net>
            > wrote:

            Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a
            east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
            See you at CJ

          • JAMES NANCY TIGHE
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 18, 2009
              Steve;
              Tuesday was the day but alas work got in the way by the time I realized it was good.  I'd go with you Fri/sat but am flying out to S Padre Island for Thanksgiving on Fri 20th to Sat 28.  Good luck.

              James ( Jim ) Tighe
              Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
              Tighe Gymnastics Sales
              5420 W State St.
              Boise, ID 83703
              208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
              208-859-1397 Cell (best )
              emai; jim@...
              website; gemstategymnastics.com

              To: BoiseSailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
              From: stevelinane@...
              Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] get you gear back out

                From: stevelinane@...
                Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700

                Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a east southeast wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph
                See you at CJ

              • jim S
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                  Steve!

                  Count me in on Friday...available late morning, early afternoon.

                  give me a call 208.850.1709

                  Jim

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: Achim.Hill@...
                  Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:30:51 +0000
                  Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: get you gear back out

                  Steve
                  I'd like to join if you go. I have not done any kiting locally but would love to unpack my kite. Or just tag along and check out CJ. I am beginning/intermedi ate, eg can stay upwind. My kites are 7m and 10m, board is 128cm.
                  I have been in dialog with Jon who mentioned some of you might go up Friday.
                  Achim

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                    wish I was going too
                    Tuesday was the day but alas work got in the way by the time I realized it was good.  I'd go with you Fri/sat but am flying out to S Padre Island for Thanksgiving on Fri 20th to Sat 28.  Good luck.

                    James ( Jim ) Tighe
                    Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
                    Tighe Gymnastics Sales
                    5420 W State St.
                    Boise, ID 83703
                    208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
                    208-859-1397 Cell (best )
                    emai; jim@gemstategymnast ics.com
                    website; gemstategymnastics. com

                    To: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com; snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com; idahokiteboarding@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
                    Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:37:14 -0700

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                      Achim
                      Looks like tomarrow is our best day with a high of 62 in the forecast . today saw windy from 12;00 to 4;00 but with a high of only 49  .
                      it  could drop off quick in the after noon tomarrow so we need to be there about 12;00 . Give me a call around 10;00 and we will make plans .
                      Steve 713-7197 . Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a east southeast wind between 13 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 19, 2009
                        will do

                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: Achim.Hill@gmail. com