Re: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Saturday

  • mike stone
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2009

    --- On Sat, 10/24/09, Steve Linane <stevelinane@...> wrote:

    From: Steve Linane <stevelinane@...>
    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Saturday
    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 10:19 PM

    the numbers speak for them self . it was 9m for the first 3 hours then 12m for the last 2 it was some of the smoothest wind I have seen at CJ in a long time . in attendants was Mike . Tom and myself no one complained of being cold it was nicer then most mornings at LP
    24 Oct 5:55 pm522839WNW22G2810.00
    CLR1019.530.1127.002

    5452
    24 Oct 4:55 pm533245NW23G3510.00
    CLR1018.930.0926.984

    24 Oct 3:55 pm533346NW26G3210.00
    CLR1018.330.0826.975

    24 Oct 2:55 pm543447NW26G3110.00
    CLR1018.630.0926.984

    24 Oct 1:55 pm533143NW29G3610.00
    CLR1019.130.1026.993

    24 Oct 12:55 pm523450NNW29G35

    Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2009
      almost thought about calling you guys.  Hopefully I'll get one more in before the end.  Thanks for sharing the stoke!

      -JBrick

      Message 3 of 7 , Oct 25, 2009
        Jason
        I sent a heads up Friday and the weather service nailed it . But whey revised the one for Monday . Some models showing very strong wind on Tuesday with temps in the hi 40s

        Message 4 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010
          Sounds like a big big day, sorry I missed it. What I ended up doing was a lot less fun.

          Looking at the aerial view, it looks like there's a boat ramp E of the creek where the little resort is. Have you ever launched from that side of the creek?

          I have yet to experience the pleasure of the "downwind leg," but the many times I've banged through the "washing machine chop" makes me not too interested in doing that again.

          (As for what's in the water... a whole lot of agricultural runoff from southern Idaho. Ugh.)

          thanks,
          Tom

          On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
          What a day!!! I sure wish we all would play at the downwind leg...the wind is so so so so much better and the swell is clean and big.  This time I got Rusty to join me, and he realized the difference right away.  Only bad part is there are no shore spectators to show off to.  :-(

          The 7-8:30 shift went off huge.  solid beef with gusts to 43. Downwind were I like to play there was swell 3-4 ft and winds were 30-35.

          Up by the dam it was 15-45mph with typical washing machine chop.

          LP winds return as early as tomorrow, but forecast is for clouds.  I think I 'll take the day off as I got 4 of last 5 days on water, and my nose is so stuffed up.  Not sure what is in the water at CJ but it is killing my nose this year.

        • Andrew Goldman

            Message 6 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010

              Monty
              Sounds like you are talking about the narrows the canyon between , where we kite the Snake R. arm and the Bruneau R. arm . I don't think anyone has done it . I have kited up close on a south east it blows hard like yesterday 2 or 3 times a year from the S. E. and its like a wind tunnel coming out of there . Caution when I had my wake board boat we would go though there all the time to the lake on the other side , but this time of year the water is as stagnate as I have ever seen water get , huge floating globs of yellow green clumps of slime . the canyon sets up east west . and the wind is all most always NW with more north . but there is that rare day that its west and that would be the beat time to try . My guess is once your in there your committed to going all the way through because it would be tough  to tack back out again . http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/ibt/userfiles/image/photos/600/CJ-Bruneau-MH-res-and-Ted.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/ibt/site.aspx%3Fid%3D70&h=437&w=600&sz=56&tbnid=-KQ0FIuTsA32LM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcj%2Bstrike%2Breservoir&zoom=1&usg=__OWGhlMWJHKNfuqSyBB-7_44LZ_U=&sa=X&ei=aaB6TMCJB4X2swPKhvWtBQ&ved=0CCsQ9QEwBg