Re: [BSA] Kiting in SoCal?

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
      Thanks to all regarding kiting in SoCal. Some good info with Westy
      getting the "Best of" award for providing a link to information on all
      site; and Monty working all the up Hwy1
      to some of the most beautiful country any where!

      We made it to the San Elijo Sunday afternoon with the wind blowing
      10-20 on-shore. The surf was light and

      Jack Harrison/HyQual
      208.861.1654

    • Jack Harrison
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
        Anyway...I went out for an hour on my 11m and made it outside after a
        bit of a strugle. Played in the swells until I got caught in side.
        Once I was getting washed in I lost power and the kite dropped into
        the surf. I washed in with the kite and called it good, and headed
        back to camp ready for a beer!

        The guy with 16m did much better but it worked and was lots fun
        playing in the surf. not a bad start when not expecting much

        Today light wind, 68 air, 68 water. Surfing

        Jack Harrison/HyQual
        208.861.1654