Glorious morning at the lake today...

  • Betsy Russell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      It was really great up there today. Four windsurfers, half a dozen kiters. I launched from Turner, and it was quite the balancing act to sail out to the wind line (and back in), but then I was right there with no fighting upwind. I think I might have launched a bit too early, just before 7:45; the sun didn't hit the water until a good half-hour later, and at first, there were holes on both sides, but the wind was solid and strong in the middle. It gradually filled in and was just a beautiful morning. I sailed until almost 10, when it very quickly dropped off.
          My apologies to Mike for being such an incompetent helper; he lost his kite and I tried twice to grab it, but missed both times as it zoomed across the water away from me; then my efforts to tow him over to it also failed (anyone have any tips about towing technique? I could get a waterstart, but then couldn't get moving - i'll have to quiz Charlie about it). Jon and the other kiters captured the kite and Mike swam in just fine.
          I think tomorrow looks promising too...
       Betsy