RE: [snowkiteidaho] spots

  • keith kallio
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 24 6:22 PM
      Jason,

             we have a PASA certified school here in Montana...very experienced in kiting on inland lakes. My website is Montanakitesports@... . I also travel if there are enough students. We use boats for support, and have drysuits for those anxious to start! Drop me a line or call me at 406-461-5302 for info.

                                                                  Keith

      Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
      Hey Kiteguy...

      Cool you are moving to the area.  Please take some PROFESSIONAL lessons from a reputable source before venturing out in the local waters.  I too was tempted to teach myself, and I am very glad I DID NOT.  I took my lessons in Hood River from Newwinds.  Guy named Craig or Monty can hook you up.  I took a 2 hour ground lesson the first day... and a 2 hour water lesson the second day.  I was riding the board an hour into the second day.  The skills I learned were invaluable.  Also... get the right gear.  I wasted my time on cheap used outdated
       sh*t.  Used is not bad... as long as it is up to date and safe.

      Good luck....

      -Jason

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddy@...
      Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] spots

      Hi kiterguuuuuy,
      Black's Cr. Reservoir:
      ======================
      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.462,-116.146&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
      South on Orchard from I-84, bends into Gowen Road south of airport,
      turn RIGHT to go south on Pleasant Valley Road. About 5 miles, and
      1 mile past the penitentiary, turn LEFT (E) on Kuna Mora Rd (that's
      what Google Maps has -- anybody know how it's signed these days?)
      and about 4 mi. to the dam end of the res.
      ALT: Black's Creek/Kuna Mora Rd exit off I-84 heading toward Mth Home,
      Follow the road south of the reservoir, and turn right/north at the
      west end. This is a bit longer, but is probably faster?
      I'm not exactly sure what the launch will be, if I've
      ever dipped my board in this water, it was many years ago.

      Indian Creek Reservoir: (No water in the satellite view!)
      =======================
      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.389,-116.013&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
      Exit at the Stage Stop on the way to Mountain Home, right after
      you see the lake on the right. Go past the business, and take
      the first right, due east and over a cattle guard. The road turns
      hard right, due north to the reservoir.
      Mtn. Home Reservoir:
      ====================
      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.155,-115.66&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
      Highway 20 North off the freeway at Mtn Home, access road is left
      at the south end of the reservoir. With a full pool, I guess the
      preferred launch is around to the west side?
      Been meaning to make a Google Maps page one of these days...
      On the west side, there's
      Lake Lowell
      ===========
      Heard on the news that this won't be filled this year, unless/
      until they get the dam fixed. While it's possible to launch near
      the dam, good NW conditions are offshore right there, and the
      usual launch is 2/3rds down the reservoir, at Gott's Point.
      Anybody know if the low lake level allow sailing from here this year?
      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.544,-116.6399&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
      Directions:
      (Various ways to negotiate Nampa's grid, this is easiest to describe)
      Hwy 55 exit off I-84, at Sugar Beet plant, turn RIGHT (away from
      town) toward the plant, then LEFT (W) at the light on Karcher Road.
      2 miles (over freeway, and Caldwell Blvd), to Middleton Road, turn
      LEFT. South on Middleton Road 4 mi., turn right/W onto Greenhurst,
      to park gate and follow main dirt road to the end at the parking lot.

      eddy
      _____________
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 24 6:27 PM
        Jason,

        Don't forget I teach also.

        Eddy

        From: geardaddy@...
        Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600

        Hi kiterguuuuuy,

        Black's Cr. Reservoir:

        ======================

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 24 7:10 PM
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
          <geardaddy@...> wrote:i took lessons with new wind i was an intern up
          there for the summer iv onely had 3 lessons i can ride up wind but
          cant stay upwind iv ben fly trainer kites since i was 8 had 3 kite
          lessons over a periond of 4 years
          i need some place where i can ride at least once a week and rides haha
          my mom hates giveing me rides she says john what is the point in the
          sport all u do is go back and forth and i am always driveing u every
          where

          > Jason,
          >
          > Don't forget I teach also.
          >
          > Eddy

        • Tom von Alten
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 24 7:20 PM
            Sheesh Eddy, if you're going to copy all that nice text I took the
            trouble to type up for local sailing spots, you could at least
            mention where you got it.

            I've now done up a nice Google Map showing SW Idaho sailing spots.
            If you have others you'd like me to add, just send the information.

            http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html

            _____________
            Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
            tva@...

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 24 7:28 PM
              Thanks tom,

              Sorry I did not mention the site I thought it was part of the text I copied though.

              I should be beat and hung out to dry

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 24 8:34 PM
                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
                <geardaddy@...> wrote:thanks for evan going threw the trouble to get
                it hey do u charge for lessons if u do how much eddy srry i am coming
                down the 11 of may

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 25 8:03 AM

                  Oops....

                  I didn't realize you did water too....  sorry...

                  I certainly didn't want to take away any business.

                  I just wanted to stress to kiteguy to get some good lessons and not try this alone.

                  -Jason

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: geardaddy@...
                  Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:27:28 -0600

                  Jason,

                  Don't forget I teach also.

                  Eddy

                  From: geardaddy@...
                  Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600

                  Hi kiterguuuuuy,

                  Black's Cr. Reservoir:

                  ======================

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 25 8:10 AM

                    Good work Tom.... and THANKS...

                    We really do appreciate the work you do on your site.  In the summer, I view it at least 3 times a day.  I enjoy reading everyones daily sailing reports.  And I know from firsthand experience that it is ALOT OF WORK to maintain something like that.  At the same time, I wish we had a better way to share communications between the kite group and the windsurfing group.  I have a linux/apache web server at my house with phpBB (Bulliten board software loaded).  I was toying with the idea of setting up a bulletin board for boise windsports similar to what northwest kites uses www.nwkite.com .  I let you know when I have it up and running.  We could integrate it into your site if you wish.

                    -Jason Brickner
                     .

                    > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: tva@...
                    > Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:20:39 -0600
                    > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] spots
                    >
                    > Sheesh Eddy, if you're going to copy all that nice text I took the
                    > trouble to type up for local sailing spots, you could at least
                    > mention where you got it.
                    >
                    > I've now done up a nice Google Map showing SW Idaho sailing spots.
                    > If you have others you'd like me to add, just send the information.
                    >
                    > http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html
                    >
                    > _____________
                    > Tom von Alten      http://fortboise.org
                    > tva@...
                    >
                    > ________________________________
                    >
                    > > Hi kiterguuuuuy,
                    >
                    > > Black's Cr. Reservoir:
                    > > ======================
                    > > http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.462,-116.146&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
                    > > South on Orchard from I-84, bends into Gowen Road south of airport,
                    > > turn RIGHT to go south on Pleasant Valley Road. About 5 miles, and
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    > <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                    >
                    > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    >
                    > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                    >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Bolt, Jon
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 25 9:29 AM
                      Especially around here, as you know, most spots are not very 'kite friendly' for beginners....

                      From: geardaddy@...
                      Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:27:28 -0600

                      Jason,

                      Don't forget I teach also.