Re: spots

  • kiterguuy
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 24 4:12 PM
      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
      <geardaddy@...> wrote:thank you very much

      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.462,-116.146&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1

      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.389,-116.013&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1

      http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.544,-116.6399&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 24 4:14 PM

        Hey Kiteguy...

        Cool you are moving to the area.  Please take some PROFESSIONAL lessons from a reputable source before venturing out in the local waters.  I too was tempted to teach myself, and I am very glad I DID NOT.  I took my lessons in Hood River from Newwinds.  Guy named Craig or Monty can hook you up.  I took a 2 hour ground lesson the first day... and a 2 hour water lesson the second day.  I was riding the board an hour into the second day.  The skills I learned were invaluable.  Also... get the right gear.  I wasted my time on cheap used outdated
         sh*t.  Used is not bad... as long as it is up to date and safe.

        Good luck....

        -Jason

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: geardaddy@...
        Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600
        Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] spots

        Hi kiterguuuuuy,

        Black's Cr. Reservoir:

        ======================

          From: geardaddy@...
          Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600

          Hi kiterguuuuuy,
          Black's Cr. Reservoir:
          ======================

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 24 6:27 PM
            Jason,

            Don't forget I teach also.

            Eddy

            From: geardaddy@...
            Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600

            Hi kiterguuuuuy,

            Black's Cr. Reservoir:

            ======================

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 24 7:10 PM
              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
              <geardaddy@...> wrote:i took lessons with new wind i was an intern up
              there for the summer iv onely had 3 lessons i can ride up wind but
              cant stay upwind iv ben fly trainer kites since i was 8 had 3 kite
              lessons over a periond of 4 years
              i need some place where i can ride at least once a week and rides haha
              my mom hates giveing me rides she says john what is the point in the
              sport all u do is go back and forth and i am always driveing u every
              where

              > Jason,
              >
              > Don't forget I teach also.
              >
              > Eddy

            • Tom von Alten
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 24 7:20 PM
                Sheesh Eddy, if you're going to copy all that nice text I took the
                trouble to type up for local sailing spots, you could at least
                mention where you got it.

                I've now done up a nice Google Map showing SW Idaho sailing spots.
                If you have others you'd like me to add, just send the information.

                http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html

                _____________
                Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
                tva@...

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 24 7:28 PM
                  Thanks tom,

                  Sorry I did not mention the site I thought it was part of the text I copied though.

                  I should be beat and hung out to dry

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 24 8:34 PM
                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
                    <geardaddy@...> wrote:thanks for evan going threw the trouble to get
                    it hey do u charge for lessons if u do how much eddy srry i am coming
                    down the 11 of may

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 25 8:03 AM

                      Oops....

                      I didn't realize you did water too....  sorry...

                      I certainly didn't want to take away any business.

                      I just wanted to stress to kiteguy to get some good lessons and not try this alone.

                      -Jason

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      From: geardaddy@...
                      Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:27:28 -0600

                      Jason,

                      Don't forget I teach also.

                      Eddy

                      From: geardaddy@...
                      Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:04:02 -0600

                      Hi kiterguuuuuy,

                      Black's Cr. Reservoir:

                      ======================

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 25 8:10 AM

                        Good work Tom.... and THANKS...

                        We really do appreciate the work you do on your site.  In the summer, I view it at least 3 times a day.  I enjoy reading everyones daily sailing reports.  And I know from firsthand experience that it is ALOT OF WORK to maintain something like that.  At the same time, I wish we had a better way to share communications between the kite group and the windsurfing group.  I have a linux/apache web server at my house with phpBB (Bulliten board software loaded).  I was toying with the idea of setting up a bulletin board for boise windsports similar to what northwest kites uses www.nwkite.com .  I let you know when I have it up and running.  We could integrate it into your site if you wish.

                        -Jason Brickner
                         .

                        > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: tva@...
                        > Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:20:39 -0600
                        > Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] spots
                        >
                        > Sheesh Eddy, if you're going to copy all that nice text I took the
                        > trouble to type up for local sailing spots, you could at least
                        > mention where you got it.
                        >
                        > I've now done up a nice Google Map showing SW Idaho sailing spots.
                        > If you have others you'd like me to add, just send the information.
                        >
                        > http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html
                        >
                        > _____________
                        > Tom von Alten      http://fortboise.org
                        > tva@...
                        >
                        > ________________________________
                        >
                        > > Hi kiterguuuuuy,
                        >
                        > > Black's Cr. Reservoir:
                        > > ======================
                        > > http://local.google.com/local?ll=43.462,-116.146&spn=0.095,0.125&t=h&om=1
                        > > South on Orchard from I-84, bends into Gowen Road south of airport,
                        > > turn RIGHT to go south on Pleasant Valley Road. About 5 miles, and
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >
                        > <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                        >
                        > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                        >
                        > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                        >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Bolt, Jon
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 25 9:29 AM
                          Especially around here, as you know, most spots are not very 'kite friendly' for beginners....

                          From: geardaddy@...
                          Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:27:28 -0600

                          Jason,

                          Don't forget I teach also.